Chapter 1

Maya's POV

Riley and I walked into Mrs. Bratley's class. This is my favorite class because of Mrs. Bratley. She gets me, and I love that. She said we will be doing a project in class today. I sat down in front of Lucas, and Riley sat in front of Farkle. I was annoyed with that little weirdo, because she told me yesterday that she was dating Farkle.

"Sup Cowboy." I said to Lucas.

"Oh, nothing." he said.

Ugh, he just shrugged when I called him cowboy. I will never get to him, I don't think.

Mrs. Bratley walked in, and everyone quieted.

"Hello class. Today is the day, you will be assigned your partners for the project. Because of the project, you will not be attending school for the rest of the year." she said.

"YAY!" everyone yelled.

"Now, the project is on parenting. So, you will hav-"

"WHAT! Parenting! That's why we don't go to school!?" I interrupted.

"Yes Maya. Now, you will have a partner and you will be the parents. You will adopt kids at the adoption center downtown. You can get up to three kids, no more. We have apartment buildings for you guys to live in. We are doing this project so you know how to be a parent. Since this is your last year anyways at school, you are allowed to keep the kids or return them. The government supports this, and so does the school. No funny buisness with your partners when you are alone. Keep the kids safe." Mrs. Bratley said.

I knew what she meant by funny buisness. I hope I get a good partner.

"The partners are listed outside." she said.

*bell ring*

"Wait, tell me if you have any problems with your partner. Class dismissed." Mrs. Bratley stated.

Everyone rushed out the classroom. I found the partner's paper on the wall. No one was over there, everyone was looking for it still. I rushed over to it.

I saw Riley's name first. Her partner was Farkle. Lucky her. Next I saw my name. Lucas was my partner. Great, I'm with Ranger Rick. Everyone rushed over once they saw me. I walked away. I saw Riley and Farkle kiss, and then Lucas came over and sat next to me.

"Maya?" he asked.

"Yea cowboy?" I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: How do you guys like ths story so far?

Love you guys, thanks for reading.

This is my first Lucaya story! YAY!                                    

                                               ~girl_meets_lucaya