C H A P T E R - 1

| KEDDLE |

[DATE : 9th September 2018 ]

Errr......

The alarm clock rings ! Mom must have forgot that I don't have a need of it now .

I grab the clock , still closing my eyes and throw it into the cornor of the room , making it filled with silence.

Grabbing the pillow over my head , I try once again to drift to sleep. My head is still aching from the hangover I had last night.

"Ked ? Are you ready ?" I hear , mom crying from down stairs .

Ready ? For what ?

I ignore her , pulling up the sheets to cover my body. I don't wanna get up so early. Not today !

"Ked ?" She cries once again and this time , loud enough to make me jump in my place in horror.

"What the hell Mom ? Why do you want me to get out of bed so early ?" I ask , still closing my eyes and grabbing my pillow.

"What the hell Keddle ? Don't tell me that you have lost your memory !" She cries stepping upstrairs . I hear her footsteps getting closer to my room.

"I think it's you mom !" I say almost drifting to sleep again when she flungs open the door .

"What the hell ked ? You ain't up yet ?" She says with a shocked expression.

"For what mom ?" I ask , trying to remind if we had planned something for today !

But no ! Nothing crosses my mind.

"It's your first day of senior year ! How can you forget something so important ?" She asks , making my eyes open wide .

Has she gone mad ? Or is she joking ?
I look at her to see her expressions . Unlike I have expected , she is standimg there with hard expressions as if giving me a last warning.

"Mom ! Just go ! Let me sleep . No jokes right now." I say , covering up my face with the sheet.

"I am not joking ? Where the hell is your mind, girl ?" She says , pulling the sheet from my face.

I almost jump and sit up in bed due to her sudden action and grab my phone to show her the date and make her joke end right here.

Turing on the phone , I face it towards her .

"9th September 2018 !" I snap at her.

I see her narrowing eyes to me as if questioning me if I am fine or not !

Hold on ! What ?

I look at the phone again in shock .

'9th september 2018' I read it again and again.

"Now get up and be ready !" Mom says and walks out of the room , closing the door behind her .

No ! This is not true ! I must be dreaming !

I pinch myself to see if it's a dream but no ! It's true !

All of the hangover and sleep suddenly disappears as I run to see outside my window.

The house infront is still painted yellow. As much as I remember , it was yellow until Janaury then the neighbour asked me and I suggested him blue and that's what he did . He painted it blue . My eyes shift at the big dried mango tree which was cut down in April ! It is still standing there .

I run back to bed in horror and grab my phone .

Holy shit !

Simon's number and those lovely texts are not in my contact list and that means we have not met eachother yet ! It means that my boyfriend does not even know that I do exist ! 

I grab my head , balancing my self .

This can't be true . I can't be back . I had already completed this year ! I was living my best life ! I can't afford doing it all again. I would love to live those happy moments once again but I can't tolerate going through those filthy hours once again . No I can't . I must be dreaming .

I run into the bathroom , turning the tap on , I sit under it. The cold water pours down my body .

After an hour of tyring to get up from the dream I am having , I realise that I have no other choice than to live it all once again. I don't have any other way. I don't know how but I am back into my past or I dreamed about my whole senior year journey and now I am awake. Either way , I have to go through the mess all again . Or ?

'Can I change it' I ask myself , looking into the mirror as I get ready for the first day of my high school .

A smirk spread across my lips and crazy ideas start crossing my mind. Maybe god has given me another chance to make my life better , I guess ! I know the future ! I know what is going to happen this whole semester. I know the questions that will come into the examimations. I know everything. I can increase my remarks and can also change the bad incidents of my life.

As the ideas hit my mind , I get ready , packing my bag . After doing the breakfast and saying good bye to my mom , I run towards the garage.

My father is a business man and he mostly stays outside due to the loads of work he has in his office.

Turning the car on , I hear the engine roaring as I pull down the road.

The drive is of thirty minutes from my house to the school.

'Saint Marious Highschool' I read the big board hanging at the top of gate as I enter the school .

Parking the car into the lot , I move toward the campus , jumping with happiness because of the power I have in my hands.

"Keddle !" I turn around to see the owner of familiar sound.

Melisa ! I almost forgot about her ! How can I be so dumb to forget about my bestfriend.

"Hey Melisa." I greet her with a big smile plastered on my face.

"You forgot to pick me up bitch !" She says narrowing my eyes .

Oh shit ! It was me who drived her to the school everyday ! I forgot .

"Oh sorry Mel ! I was-" I stop myself before completing the sentence.

Should I tell her about the weird situation or not ?