C H A P T E R - 4

| KEDDLE |

"Hey Mel ! Any plan for today ? Any date ?" I ask her while driving the car to Miss Theresha's .

I narrow my eyes at her when she does not replies.

She is busy in her phone . I see her typing 'See you at the party babe!'.
Who is she talking to ? I know I should not peek but I want to know .
I always wanted to know who was this mysterious guy with whom she used to spend her nights. I could not ask her before but this time ! I am not gonna give it up.

I lean a bit towards her , peeking into her phone to see the name .

'Sim my Love' is what I see.

Sim ? Who is this guy ? Simon ?

No way ! As much as I remember she will meet him a week or two later from now .

"Mel ? Who is that ?" I finally ask her .

"No one!" She says , turning of the phone.

As I have started to see things differently , I feel like Melisa has changed . I did not notice her before but now I can .

As I pull infront of the big house , I hear the loud sound of music . My heart starts pounding against my chest.

One year ago , I was not so nervous because I was unaware of what would happen but now I know .

Melisa jumps out of the car as soon as it stops and I check myself in the front mirror before moving out.

Melisa and I walk into the house and get greeted by Mr. Tray , our physics teacher. The house is big ! Big enough to get lost in for hours.

Soon we mix into the crowd , dancing like a maniac . Soon after , my mind goes to Simon. It's 10 pm. I remember that I met him at 11:30 , so I have an hour and half before I get to see him after almost 4 month.

While roaming around to find Simon , I see Melisa walking towards the second floor . She must be going to meet Sim I guess. Curiosity feels me and I start following her before I even realise! I have an hour ! I can take a look on her and know who she is hiding !

I see her entering a room at the corner end of the floor . There are very few people on this floor . Some uncommon faces I see , many of them I know but some who I don't .

Hiding from the known faces , I head toward the room . Finally I get there and put my ear on the door to hear what's going inside but the loud music does'nt lets me .

I slowly open the door and peek through it.

A tall boy is standing there . He must be Sim. I can't see his face as his back is facing towards me. I see legs crossed around his waist. Melisa ?

I feel horrible to see this ! I should not do this . She is my bestfriend and I must stay loyal with her. As I decide to close the door and leave , the guy turns around , placing half naked Melisa on table beside him.

My eyes wide open when I see his face.

'No ! No this isn't true. I am dreaming . No.' I cry to myself .

This can't be true at any cost. My bestfriend and my soon to be boyfriend can't cheat me . Like how ? They were meant to meet each other a week or two later ! How did they end up making out a week earlier ? There must be some problem . This can't be happening.

My heart aches as I see them kissing.
How did this happen ? Or is this what happened before ? Is this what Mel was hiding from me ? Are they going to cheat on me ?

My head starts spinning and I feel like I can't breathe. Tears start rolling down before I can do anything to stop them. I need some privacy ! I can't see this . Two most important person my life had been cheating on me this whole time ?

I know that this has not happened yet ! Not this time but they did cheat on me when I was living my earlier life.

I close the door and run to find some empty place to sit amd cry. I had never thought of facing such betrayal. I want to go back and catch them red handed but for what ? I have not met Simon yet ! He ain't cheating on me right now.

Holding my tears , finally I find an empty room which has a big balcony attached to it. The moonlight is falling inside through the glass doors . As I open the door to the balcony , I see a guy sitting in the corner. I see him notice my presence but he does not turn around. Maybe he is also here to spend some time alone. I want to go and find some empty place but I am too tired to go somewhere else. I sit down on the floor and start crying . I don't care if my makeup gets smudged . I can't stop my tears . My heart is aching . This was a bad idea. I should have stayed where I was meant to be.

I cry , placing my plams on my face and bowing down my head in disappointment.

Suddely two hands grab my palm and place them down.

"You crying ?" He asks with a shocked expression.

Soon my tears stop and horror fills inside me .

Ryder ? Damn it ! I should not be here .

"I am sorry ! I need to go." I say , standing up to leave the place.

I have had enough problems for today .

"Stop." He says , grabbing my wrist and pulling me down.

"Leave me you jerk !" I say , jearking off my hand .

"Okay okay ! I won't touch you . Just sit here please . Don't go !" He requests me , with his grey 'puppy dogs eyes' look.

I let out a sigh in defeat as I sit down next to him. I don't know what's going inside my mind. I just want to hide somewhere and cry . What the hell I did to deserve such a betrayal ?

"You wanna tell ? Who the hell made you cry ?" He asks , breaking the awkward silence.

"My bestfriend and boyfriend just cheated on me ! I mean they are going to cheat I guess." I say and bite my lower lip because I don't make sense. He must be thinking that I am just a crazy nerd .

He does not say anything , but keeps looking at the big , new moon in the sky filled with stars.

"Why are you here ?" I ask looking at him .

Why is not he with Carla ?

"I am hiding from Carla." He says as he finally turns around to look at me.