Chapter 15: In The End , It's Real .

Janelle’s POV

I remember when I was younger, I used to fantasize about what my boyfriend would look like…I thought he had to look something like Daddy (nothing incest going here, but just that my Daddy is good-looking with swag), with a genuine heart and a bad-boy side.

Roc doesn’t have a bad-boy side, but he definitely is genuine.

Being Roc Royal’s girl is the dream of thousands of girls around the world. So why is it that when I get that chance, I blew it so badly? But that’s the frustrating part—I didn’t do anything wrong, Princeton did.

I looked at him sitting across from me on the tour bus. He deliberately wouldn’t make any eye contact with me. I couldn’t let this go on much longer.

The next morning, I woke up by the honk of a horn. When I slowly opened my eyes, I saw everyone was either ready or getting ready. I didn’t mind, because the bathroom was free. I tiredly got off the bed and got into the bathroom, washed up, and got out.

I grabbed some Hollister red-and-black checkered pajama pants and kept the black longsleeve top I was wearing on, and tried my best to put my hair in a presentable ponytail.

“Where are we?” I asked Vick, walking up to the driver’s seat where he was sitting drinking coffee.

“Dunkin' Donuts. Order what you want, eat, and we’ll leave.” He said. I put on some flip-flops and jogged down the tour bus stairs and into the Dunkin' Donuts joint outside. The boys and Bianca were already ordering, so I joined them.

“Oh, and I also want two cream coffees.” Ray-Ray said to the Indian cashier.

“Why you getting two?” Bianca asked him.

“One for Roc; he stayed in the bus and told me to get him one.” He replied. I hadn’t even noticed that Roc wasn’t here. But I hadn’t seen him on the bus either…

When we were all finished ordering, we took the largest table. Everyone began to sit down besides Ray-Ray and I.

“I’ll bring him the coffee for you. I’m taking my food on the bus anyway.” I said, taking the hot cup from him.

“Thanks, J.” He said. I went back on the bus, which fortunately wasn’t locked. Vick was just leaving to go get his breakfast. When he was gone, and locked the door behind him, I headed toward the very back of the bus where tables were.

The table area was past the bed section, so I had to walk through there. When I did, I saw a white figure lying on one of the beds. Startled, I turned around to see that it was just Roc. I sighed.

“I figured you’d be back there, with the tables.” I said. He sat up on the bed. It seemed like he was wearing nothing but a white robe, no shirt, no underwear, no slippers. I tried hard not to stare.

“I was just um, resting. You brought the coffee?” He asked. I nodded and handed over the cup.  “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome…” I said. Then I stood there for a while as he took tiny sips of the drinking, testing its heat. Roc looked up at me, and I realized I was standing there doing nothing.

“Have you spoken to Princeton recently?” I asked softly. He shook his head. “Well…since you haven’t spoken to him, can I just explain what really happened?”

Roc sighed. He rested the cup on a little table next to him, stood up, picked the cup back up, and motioned for me to follow him. He led me to the table area, to the back table. He sat down on one side and I sat opposite him.

“Janelle, you don’t need to explain anything.”  He said.

“Wait, so you already know what happened?” I asked.