Chapter 2: The Meetup

"Kirito-kun!" Asuna loudly called out to her lover with her hand up high waving towards him, her face beaming with the sweetest smile she could make.

"Yo, Asuna." Kazuto greeted with a cheerful grin on his face as he walked towards his girlfriend, with Suguha following closely behind him. The gang had already arrived the East Gardens of Imperial Palace located in Chiyoda City, where they had planned to gather for a picnic and cherry blossom viewing.

"Come on, everybody's waiting." Asuna ran over and hook her left arm over Kazuto's right, gently pulling him along. She turned to the back and gave Suguha a smile, also urging her to come along.

"What took you so long, K-dawg? The last one to arrive has got to treat us to some delicious meals." Klein teased Kazuto with a goofy grin on his face. "And of course, that only applies to you, not Suguha-chan."

"Shut up, Klein. Why should I be the one buying your meals? You can afford your own just fine." Kazuto replied in an annoyed tone.

"Aww, come on man. Don't be so stingy. I'm sure you've earned a lot from that shady part-time job of yours." The bearded man locked his arm over Kazuto's neck and rubbed his head with his knuckles.

"It's not shady. Oww, oww, oww! Stop it!" Kazuto struggled to push Klein away from him but was held firmly, preventing him from moving away.

"Seriously, Klein. You're the working adult here, shouldn't you be treating us to a meal once in a while? It's always been Kirito who's doing it. Maybe that's why he gets all the attention from the ladies." Lisbeth teased Klein with a smirk on her face.

"Yeah, you might be right about that, Liz-san." Silica giggled while admiring Kazuto's expressions while trying to free himself.

"Hey, that's not fair. Agil is a working adult too." Klein whined, ignoring the demands of being freed by Kazuto.

"Sorry, I'm already a married guy. I'm not desperate for the ladies like you are." The muscular man voiced out with a smirk.

"And besides, we're often hanging out at Agil-san's place. He does give us discounts from time to time." Silica added, to which Klein whined even more, earning laughter from the others. Meanwhile, watching from behind were the three girls, Asuna, Suguha and Sinon, with their Augma donned on their heads, allowing Yui to join their conversation in her pixie form. They were in the midst of discussion about Kazuto's condition this morning.

"I see. So that's what happened this morning, huh?" Asuna asked, her eyes gazing worriedly at the back of her lover.

"Yeah. Onii-chan looked so pale, it was the first time I've seen him having such a bad nightmare. Asuna-san do you know anything about this?" Suguha looked to the chestnut-haired girl, hoping that she has the solution to the problem. To her dismay, Asuna shook her head.

"Hey Asuna, what about the biosensor app? Did it say anything about Kirito's condition last night?" Sinon asked her best friend.

"Sinon-san is right, Mommy. The app should have a history log on Daddy's heart rate." Yui agreed.

"Oh right, I almost forgot. Thanks for reminding me, Sinon-non, Yui-chan." Asuna quickly grabbed her phone from her purse and checked the history of the app. A gasp escaped from Asuna's lips, causing the others to become even more concerned.

"What is it, Asuna?" Sinon asked, pushing her glasses up while leaning closer to Asuna's side.

"Kirito-kun's heart rate was fluctuating last night. Usually, his heart rate was just around 62 to 65 bpm but last night it spiked until around 90 bmp. That's definitely not normal at all." Asuna explained as her hands started to tremble. "His body temperature dropped a little too, it was around 35° C. Though, everything seems to be back to normal right now." The girl added, trying to calm both herself and her companions.