Chapter 8: Reaching to You

30th March 2027, Tuesday, 2.15 AM

Along The Streets of Shin-ohashi-dori Ave

The streets were practically empty at this hour with a single car driving along the streets. Watanabe was the driver of the car, with a partially awake Kazuto lying on the back seat seemingly restrained. Believing that the large consumption of LSD drug had overwhelmed Kazuto, the unsuspecting Watanabe had let down his guard. Just before arriving at a large 4-way intersection, Kazuto somehow willed himself to fight off the weakness and freed himself before jumping on Watanabe, restraining his movements as Kazuto searched his pockets. This caused the car to sway from the unstable driving. Upon finding the device, Kazuto had taken the risk by jumping out of the moving car. Taken by surprise, Watanabe was about to turn back the car to capture the boy before he flees. Unfortunately for him, another car was coming at his direction from the front. Not wanting to cause any suspicion, the man cursed before driving away, muttering under his breath that he would come back later for the boy as he was sure the boy will be too weak to escape far.

Kazuto's POV

As I crashed onto the cold tar road, I pushed myself up with all my might, ignoring the intense pain of the fall. Although I was confused to why Watanabe did not stop the car, I quickly shook away the thought and looked around frantically. 'I'm in no condition to travel far, I need to hide somewhere before he comes back.' I thought, my sight was starting to blur as I sense a wave of hallucination coming. The vision before me was slowly swaying away from reality and hastily limped towards a path before me that seemed dark and secluded. Pushing myself to the limits ran as far as I could into the unknown area filled with trees and bushes. It was dark and I couldn't see where I was going, but I didn't care. Eventually, my weakened legs gave away, causing me to fall into a thick bush. Unable to run any longer, I dug my nails into the dirt, dragging my numb body towards the large tree surrounded by the bushes where I would be safer as the leaves could camouflage me.

Leaning against the tree trunk, I slowly regained my breathing. I tried to move my body into a more comfortable position, only to wince in pain. It was then I realized that the wound on my chest had opened up and started to bleed again. Noticing the tear on one of my upper sleeve that was made by the ruffian from before, I tore my sleeve apart and used it to wrap around the wound on my chest, using my teeth and my good arm to tighten the knot, temporarily stopped the bleeding. I sat still while taking deep breaths to tolerate the pain surging through my entire body. Not only that, but the extreme exhaustion had also finally hit me and I was weakened tremendously. I lifted up the small device within my hand to examine it before tucking it away in my clothes. My body shivered violently as it grew colder by the second due to the drug effects, my weakness and the cold breeze blowing during the night of early Spring. My eyelids grew heavy as my consciousness was gradually sucked away from me.

"No...not yet...I musn't..." I whispered, trying to fight off the urge to close my eyes but my eyes were no longer seeing anything else as I tried forcing it open. "Guess I'm at my limit...maybe...just for a little..." I reluctantly succumbed to the weakness and drifted off.

Before the Events, 1.55 AM

Outside of Bar Salon de O

An excessively tall and slender young woman with fair complexion and long straight hair walked out of the bar. She was accompanied by a petite delicately-tanned skinned female with wavy dark hair reaching over her shoulders. Both ladies had just enjoyed their girls' night out at the bar and were just about to leave.

"Sakuya-chan~ Let's go for another round! It's too early to end the party!" The petite girl whined, calling out to her best friend with a familiar nickname.