Thank You Essential Workers!!!

"Quick, the next shipment just arrived!" 

Edith hobbled on her cane as Dave scrambled to put the money in the register. The noise only increased as people heard the word shipment and began to go wild. Little kids were climbing up the shelves, parents were dueling with their carts, old ladies were brandishing their handbags, the look of murder in their eyes. Dave watched in horror as two mothers tore each other's clothes as they fought over a bottle of hand sanitizer. 

This is what hell is like he thought to himself, as he shoved away another greedy customer trying to get to the back counter, where they had essential supplies for the employees locked up. 

He'd just used a literal frying pan to whack someone off the counter when Edith screamed for his help. Dave took a look at his pathway to the storeroom and gulped, saying a small pray to Allah, before he jumped the counter and sprinted for his life.

 Not 2 seconds after touching the ground, a kid was on his back, trying to steal his tag holder. Dave jumped into the air, flipping forwards and tossing the kid off, landing one foot on the ground, the other foot on a tough biker dude, who was very angry that Dave had just scratched his leather boots. 

Dave trembled as he slowly backed away from the man-turned-bull, gave a little apology smile, and jumped into the cart of passing women. The man's shouts would forever haunt him...If he survived the collision that was about to occur, as the woman whose cart he had jumped into, was currently playing chicken with a 12-year-old, sitting in a cart with a toy lightsaber in his hands. 

"It's over lady" he shouted, looking down at her from the kiddy seat. "I have the high ground!" Dave screamed as the two carts crashed together, sending him flying straight onto a shelf. 

Dave cracked an eye, breathing a small sigh of relief to see that he was still alive. That sigh turned into a sob as the shelf he stood on leaned over, and tipped over the next shelf, starting a domino effect. Dave started to say goodbye to life when he saw a flash of the delivery bay doors. Closing his eyes, Dave jumped off the falling shelf right before it hit, and hoped that he survived jumping across the hoard of customers below him. He hovered in the air before collapsing onto the platform. He lay there a moment, counting his blessings for the day. 

"They don't pay me enough" he moaned, struggling to his feet. Edith's cane came flying, and whapped his knees, making him faceplant back into the ground.

 "They don't pay me enough to pay you enough" she spat, sucking on her dentures. "Now get over here and help me unload this stupid truck before those demon spawns get a whiff of the fresh supplies and go feral. 

"They already are feral" Dave grumbled as he got to his feet. He followed Edith through the door onto their delivery platform.

 In front of him was a truck, with 2,000 rolls of toilet paper.