Dog Days

The life of a dog has always been easy.

 I get up, I stretch my paws, I go to my kitchen and drink some water from the big metal circle, and eat the yummy brown food that appears in my feeding hole every morning.

 I have a very busy day every day, of sleeping, and licking my paws, and chewing my bone. Oh how I love my bone, it's big and red and squishy and oh so fun. 

Oh, but the best part of my day is when my human gets home! 

When my human gets home is when I know we will go on the walk and I will get a yummy treat and I will get the belly rubs, and the kisses, and we will be so happy! 

My human leaves the den every day, I don't know where or why. But I do not like it when my human goes away. I get very lonely when she is gone. But she always comes back, sometimes with a friend! 

It is fun when she brings the friend over, as I get extra pets and kisses, and then I get put in the dark room, where everything is stacked together and it is dark in there. 

My human always closes the door when she puts me in here and then I hear many odd whines and barks outside the door. But I am never in there for too long, and when I am let out, I get to be pet my humans' friend when my human goes to wash in the cleaning room. 

The friend is very nice, and he will play tug with me and my bone! 

When my human gets out of the washing room, she always rubs her long fur with a pokey brush, and it makes it very soft and smooth. Sometimes, when she's not watching, I can grab her soft fur and I play tug with it! She does not like when I play tug with her fur, but she always pets me afterward.

 But these last few days, my human has not brought her friend over. And she has not left the den. I am not sure why this is, but I am happy I get to be with her every day! 

I get to lay at her feet and get belly rubs all day while she stares at the glowey box and presses all the small buttons on the box. She is often talking to the little silver box that she carries with her everywhere and the little box speaks back to her. 

We go on even more walks a day now, but only when the light dog is out in the sky. If water is falling from the sky, or the sky is angry and yelling loudly, making big bright light appear and disappear, we don't go out.

 These days are fun because my human will put me onto her soft nest and cuddle with me, giving me all the pets all day. I think she is scared when the sky shouts too. 

It had been the best having my human home every day but every day she seems to get sadder and doesn't want to play as often.

 At night I will find her in her nest with water coming out of her eyes, and I have to jump up and lick the salty water so it does not make a mess, and this cheers my human up. 

I hope that my human will get happier again, even if it means I am left alone again.

 I want to see my human happy because when my human is happy, I am happy!