Day 6: Aspik and Marinette

"Marinette! Let's ride the carousel again!" Manon pleaded as she pulled on her babysitter's arm towards the carousel ride for the umpteenth time today as soon as the kid got bored colouring in the pictures from her colouring book

"Marinette! Let's ride the carousel again!" Manon pleaded as she pulled on her babysitter's arm towards the carousel ride for the umpteenth time today as soon as the kid got bored colouring in the pictures from her colouring book. The two girls were having a picnic out at the park while it was a beautiful day outside. Alya was able to join in the fun since she was free, and it was a weekend. Besides, the inquisitive ladyblogger couldn't pass up an opportunity for a good basking under the sun after all the writing for her blog.

"Oh fine, one more ride but that will be the last, promise?"

"Okay! Let's go!" Manon got up and dragged Marinette with her to the carousel.

"Wait up! I'll join you guys," Alya soon followed the girls to the ride. Marinette and Manon chose the unicorn and Alya picked the ladybug themed mobile before the floor started spinning and the music began to softly play.

After two minutes of galloping on imaginary horses, the ride eventually stopped, relieving Marinette from having to hear Manon ask her for one more ride.

"That was fun! Again, again!"

"Nuh-uh, you promised remember?" Marinette helped the little girl down from her horse. "And if we go for another ride, we might miss our chance to grab some ice cream before you go, didn't you say—?"

"I. Want. One. More. Ride. Pleeeeeaaaase!" Manon begged, showing off her baby doll eyes.

"Oh no, I can't say no to those baby doll eyes..." As soon as she said it, her pupils dilated so more and her bottom lip even stuck out in a shivering pout.

"Isssss there a problem ladies?" asked a voice other than Alya just when Marinette was about to give in to the baby doll eyes. Marinette turned around and came across Adrien in his Aspik attire.

"Adri—Aspik, what brings you here?" And how did he get a hold of the Snake Miraculous?

"I was casually patrolling the city, see if there are any civilians in need of saving. Thought that I could use an extra bit of some sun before it goes away, you know? Get it? 'Cause I'm a reptile."

"Very clever, Aspik," Marinette said as she observed Adrien carefully. There was something about Adrien as Aspik that gave Marinette a huge Chat Noir vibe. The evident hissing sounds he made as a lame attempt on snake puns, the cocky, charming attitude that just makes you roll your eyes at everything he had to say, even the messy hair. The last time he was Aspik, he had his luscious golden locks concealed in his suit, but now, with his hair gone loose, he crazily resembled Chat Noir.

"Marinette! Please one more, pretty please?" Manon jumped into the conversation between the superhero and the ordinary teen, reminding Marinette that she was in the middle of a babysitting job.

Just like magic, Alya stepped in, "Why don't you and snake boy take some time to get to know each other?"

"Get to know each other? Alya, we don't have to!"