Day 9: Alternate Timeline

"Perfectionist, I am Hawk Moth

"Perfectionist, I am Hawk Moth. You believed that your imperfections stood in your way to the love of your life? Well now I am giving you the power to be perfect in a different life of no blemishes. Once you find the life you wanted, I want you to return with Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculous."

Hawk Moth? Oh no, what have I done?

Marinette must be strong. She cannot let the tempting dark magic of the akuma to overpower her. She could fight it. Make the negative emotion turn good again. She knew she can. Because she is Ladybug, and Ladybug will not give in to the darkness that waited for her on the other side.

"No! I will not help you Hawk Moth, in fact I never will. You only lose because Ladybug and Chat Noir are more superior than you could ever be!" Marinette snatched the akumatized object from herself and tossed it to the ground.

A dark butterfly emerged from the pink polka dot bag, cutting Marinette from her connection to Hawk Moth. Instantly, she felt like herself once again. To have her strings pulled by Hawk Moth was strange and exhilarating enough to take Marinette's breath away, so much of her energy has strangely drained.

"Ti—Tikki!" Marinette suddenly remembered her own kwami being stuffed in her bag when she tossed it. On all fours, Marinette crawled over to open her clutch and found her ladybug earrings still intact. Tikki might have disappeared along with it when Marinette took them off earlier.

Marinette picked up the earrings to put them back on. A red streak of light escaped her earrings, and there appeared Tikki, still in one piece.

"Tikki," Marinette sobbed, "I'm so sorry. I promise, I'll never do something as stupid as that ever again."

"It's okay Marinette. At least you came to your senses sooner rather than later—speaking of, what just happened?"

"Hawk Moth," was all Marinette had to say for the kwami to gasp in horror.

"Marinette, your secret identity could've been risked!"

"I know, and that is why, especially with what just happened, I don't think I deserve to put on the Ladybug suit. I'm too clumsy."

"But you resisted Hawk Moth's dark magic, and that just proved your worth. Not a lot of people can handle it as well as you do."

Marinette slouched and looked down on the ground, "I was probably just lucky. What if this all happened on a different day and I wasn't strong enough? I could have terrorized this whole city, risk Master Fu's identity. All of this wouldn't be such a disaster if I were normal in front of Adrien."

"Master Fu chose you for a reason. The miraculous just does not work on anyone, you and I are meant to be. We are two halves of a whole and that is why when you are out battling akumas, you never failed. The same goes with Chat Noir, trust me, you're the best person for the job."

I suppose that was true, Marinette considered. She remembered the first time she faced Stone Heart as part of her first mission as Ladybug. Looking back, indeed she, as well as Chat Noir, made mistakes, but the two were able to learn from them quickly. The more times they battled Hawk Moth's monsters and super villains, the greater they grew and the stronger their bond was.