Day 4: Hand Touches

Tikki watched her owner get down on all fours as she had been struggling to find the hair pin she needed to complete the look

"I don't understand how a single hair clip could fall off my fingers and disappear so suddenly," muttered Marinette. She had given up looking under the desk where she laid down her makeup, jewelry, and equipment that were used to style the young lady's hair.

She looked over at her gown that was temporarily worn by her mannequin, in which she had designed herself. When all of Paris heard about the news of the young Princess Charlotte arriving in the city to host a ball celebrating her sixteenth birthday, everybody, particularly high schoolers, had gone cahoots when they also learnt that every teenager in the city were invited to celebrate her grand party. Including commoners like Marinette herself.

Marinette didn't give it much time to waste. She only had two months to put together a gown before the date, and for sure, she wanted to pull off a unique design to not just impress Adrien, but also his father, Gabriel Agreste.

For sure, the world's leading fashion designer will be there for the royal event. Perks of being a successful businessman, you are the VIP, and so are your entourage. Part of his entourage would most likely be his son, Adrien, joining him to these events.

There were still limitations to the event, like seeing Chloe, Lila, and even Kagami dressed up for the ball, but Marinette remained focus for she didn't want to make sure that the three girls grilling for the same guy she liked won't ruin a beautiful night like tonight.

As she was making her dress, she constantly pictured herself wearing it as she graced the ballroom with a suitor linked around her arm. She hoped that Adrien would be that suitor, but who knows, could be a gentlemanly prince!

Like in fairy tales, she wanted to experience that magical moment with someone (hopefully Adrien!) as they waltzed under the stars. Not caring about no one else who may be watching. How she'd love to just have one night of that. Marinette's heart fluttered at the mere picture in her imaginative head. A bit old school for today's era, but Marinette may have gotten it from her Grandpa Roland.

Marinette got up from the ground and used the hair pin she didn't use as a brooch on her dress' left side of the chest. Tikki, who had been speculating her from across the room, floated behind her shoulder and watched Marinette delicately insert the hair pin in place. 

The pin serving now as a brooch had a simple design of diamonds and peach coloured beads patterned at the head of the clip to match with the baby pink on her dress. A dozen of synthetic emu feathers that Marinette dyed in white to give off the classy 1920's look to it. 

The entire bust of her dress was intended to be body tight and sleeveless as to show off Marinette's physique, in which her torso and chest areas were decorated with lacy flower appliques. The skirt of her dress otherwise were layered with three different skirts to give off its width, and also its length as it just touches the ground if worn with heels. This project of hers may be the most complicated she had ever done for anyone (including herself), but she was sure proud of what came out of it.