Chapter 7

Phone ringing...  Lucas peek at his phone and saw thea calling.

Someone is calling you, at this time what would it be? Luke asked his brother. It's thea. Don't tell me your nailing her too? Lukas glared at his brother, she's my valuable secretary.

Hello? Lucas his answered phone.

Luke saw his brother's expression and not a good news for sure he thought.

Something wrong? Luke ask... Nothing it's thea and she told she can't report tomorrow she called in sick leave..  I know her and it's the first time she called in sick.

You want me to check on her? Luke offered..
Lucas glared at him don't think about it.

I will pass by her house then i'll go to Henry.

Should I accompany you? No need you stay home sleep your ass.

Luke only laugh at him...and left.

On thea's apartment.

This is the first time I called in sick... My head is throbbing in pain.. And I forgot to buy medicine on the way home.

She lay on her bed...

Someone is knocking, ignoring it she continue to lie but it's getting louder and louder. It's already late night who would it be? She stands up and slightly open the door.. Surprised to find her boss outside with plastic bags on his left hand.

What! I'm sorry what are you doing here sir? I mean something wrong with the last report I sent you? Thea asked her boss?  Are we going to discuss that here? He indicated with the door barely open.

Sorry she mumble. She let him in, closing the door...

She went to sit on her small rugged sofa.

My apartment would probably fit inside his closet she thought.

This are food and medicine you drink it now. He ordered...

But..

No but drink it now.

She drink the medicine knowing she will not win any argument with him.

What a shabby apartment you have? Lucas said

If you come here to criticize my place then you can go.

I feel dizzy but she continue to stand there with glass of hand. I can't offer you anything at the moment I don't have food, I'll do the grocery later.

That's why I brought you food, why don't you eat? You really need nourishment... Unaware that Lucas is observing her she closes her eyes and shake her head...

I ate already.  Where's your bed? Lucas ask her.
You look like your about to fall...

I can't find my own bed thank you but Lucas is already at her side holding her up and guiding her to bed...

She lay down on bed.. Lucas pulled the blanket up...   She didn't complaint...sickness is making all things agreeable to her.

Please lock the door when you leave... She whispered...

I will..lucas whispered back.   Looking down at her sickness makes her vulnerable and fragile...

Lucas dialed luke's number.

I will go to Henry in the morning. So report to the office and make sure that all documents I need are ready.

Wait! I'm not your fucking secretary! Luke shouted. I'm mean I know she's sick but can anyone do that thing for you?

If anyone can do that it will be you. Now stop complaining and just do it.

Fine! I'm doing it for her not because you told me so. By the way now you love thea more than Eloisa? It's not what you think, you know i can't leave her like this and Just do what i said.

Shaking his head Lucas knows his brother really loves a carefree life.

Lucas... Lucas.. He heard the sound from the room.
He went inside and found her still asleep and murmuring his name.

Sleep well thea get better soon. He kissed her on her forehead, and left, leaving the door slightly open....

He sit in her rough old sofa. Thinking of Eloisa wondering if she's really that woman before.

I'll have a complete body ache tommorow he thought. Closing his eyes he tried to sleep.