Chapter 1: November 7th, 1993

"Daddy can we please get some ice cream later ? It's like 100 degrees in here and there is none in the freezer." She said cupping her hands together.

Well you could turn the air on, but Im feeling a little lazy today Alana so if you want to head to the store you can use my card.

"Well if im going to the storrrreeee..."

Yes Alana, you can use a little extra to get whatever else you may want.

"YES! Thanks daddy! Ill take mom's car."

She must be swamped with paperwork huh?

"Yeah she told me to grab her some hershey's bars while im out!"

Her favorite...OH so you two planned this out already huh?!

"I have said too much, i must go now."

She sashayed out the bedroom door with her hand on her forehead. A classic actress.
After she left out I walked to Joanna's office.

You backed up with work tonight my love?

"You know it. My boss is out of town for the next week or so. She wants me to sort through all of these files and close out some of these clients." She said slowly sliding her hand across her forehead.

I walked over behind her and put my hands on the side of her head and kissed the top of it. She put her hand on top of mine.

At least you'll have your hersheys tonight huh!

"Uh oh. I told her the mission!" She laughed softly.

You can't out con the con artist.

"Oh and what cons have you pulled off mister?"

A man never reveals his secrets! I must go now i've said too much!

"You are the lamest person on this PLANET!"

We both laughed as i sashayed out of the office closing the door behind me. I walked down to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. The living room tv was still on so i figured id chill and watch a good netflix movie. I swung my body over the couch and laid out like a fat man, holding a pillow close to fill the void of my workloaded wife. I began surfing through movies until i woke up an hour later to the same browse screen.
I sat up and rubbed my eyes for a bit. I took a swig of water then glanced over at the kitchen, but decided to go check on my wife again.
I peeked into her office and she apparently had let sleep overcome her as well.

Joanna, maybe you should come on and lay down.

"Huh no im up im up, i just need to finish.."

Baby come get some rest you're tired.

She dragged herself slowly from behind the desk. I decided to go check on Alana and see what she had gotten. I forgot to search through the kitchen. Usually she picks me up some caramel delight ice cream whenever she goes for some...my favorite. I peeked inside her room. Nothing. Joanna popped her head in with mine.

"Maybe she stopped off somewhere else, probably nikkis house."

Ill call and see.

The phone rang all the way through. I called seven more times before i felt a heat rise up within my stomach.

Joanna she isn't answering.

"That's odd, maybe her phone died?"

But it rang all the way through every time.The store is only like 15 minutes away. She would have at least given a heads up if she was going to stop somewhere else.