Dieciseis

A/N: I just want to say, I see those 322 reads, you know what that is? Wild. That's wild. Like I never thought we would get to 300 reads. And I see we got 20 votes!!!!! Thank you so much, I don't deserve this. Lemme treat y'all with chapter 16...

_______________________________________

Carmen was attacked, Carmella seeing an opportunity, cashed in her Money In The Bank contract.

Carmen tries to fight her off but Carmella rolls her up in a small package, pinning her down.

Carmen slips from Carmella's grip too late.

In a matter of a minute, she was no longer a champion.

*******

"I need someone to tell me how I can get my championship back!" Carmen yells in the backstage area. "Hello anyone! Does anyone run this place?"

"Yes, I am the general manager of SmackDown." Paige appears with a confident smile.

"Ok, I need a championship match like yesterday."

"Wow. I know you were a star in Japan but you can't just ask for a championship match."

"Oh but this girl can just pin me randomly and get a title just like that? I'm not asking, I'm telling. I want a championship match."

"Well you can have a match next week then."

"Thank you, nice to see we're on the same page, Paige." Carmen smirks at her own joke.

*******

It took three times to get her championship back but she has it back. She walked into Money In The Bank as the SmackDown Women's Champion and retained her title. She heard from Gallows that Devitt was here for the main event. She decided to go shower and change into nice clothes before looking for him, she hoped they could talk before he goes out for his ladder match.

Carmen finds him by the men's locker room.

She sees Sami Zayn walking away, giving her an opportunity.

"Hey, can we talk?"

"Yeah." He smiles. "Let's go somewhere private."

They go to some storage area that was completely empty of people but full of random equipment. The room was a bit dim but at least they were away from anyone.

"I just want to tell you, I'm sorry about how we left off. I feel guilty about it. I didn't want to do that to you." Carmen explains, she waited for his response while she thought of other things to say.

"You should feel guilty, you went on and became friends with the same people who betrayed me."

Carmen was almost taken aback by what she heard, maybe she came into this with unrealistic expectations. She did not expect him to say the words he was spitting out.

"You expect me to just stand here and hug you or sumthing 'cause you finally said sorry after all this time, you didn't even see me when I was injured--"

"Ok now wait a minute--"

"Shut up!"

Carmen's eyes grew, he's never talked to her like that before. She's speechless, she can't even curse him out like she wants to. She's seen this side of Devitt before but not towards her. She has no idea how to react or even feel at this very moment.

"I have already forgiven you, but I won't forget how you treated me. I'm not some petty arse that will hang it over your head but don't think that we're friends again. We could be cordial but what happened in Japan, was in Japan. We're not in Japan anymore."

Carmen sucks in a breath, seems she forgotten to breathe again.

"See you around Carmen." With that, Devitt leaves the room.

Carmen lets out shaky breath.

Now that she was alone, she was fully immersed in her head. She had no idea how to react to what just happened. She wanted to cry, she wanted to be angry and go curse him out, but a strange part of her was happy to see this side of him.

This Finn Balor character was someone so unfamiliar to her.

She leaves the room as well, as what just happened had happened and there was nothing else to be done.

_______________________________________

A/N: I will warn you guys now, ya need to sit for the next chapter cause it's going to be a long one. I tried to cut it down short but I was like nah all this needs to be here cause there's a lot going on.

Sorry if there's any spelling or grammar mistakes, I tried my best to get what I can.