Nueve

Carmen Alvarez took a break from New Japan for a few weeks after what happened she needed it. She did advertisements for Glossier and Adidas. She also did a few events and shows for CMLL, picking up the Reina International Championship. She even briefly brought back Bullet Club Latinoamerica with permission from Tama Tonga. She came back to New Japan to participate in the Best of the Super Juniors. She decided after a poor showing in this year's Best of The Super Juniors, she would take a couple weeks away from Japan and decided to take a staycation with her secret boyfriend who she refused to tell the Club his identity and refuses to reveal him to social media despite her posting mysterious pictures of him. Posting pictures of his hands, shoulder, shirt, and ear.

Carmen came back to New Japan when she heard Kenny had won the G1 Climax.

While in Japan, Carmen had lunch with Tama Tonga. They both had learned Devitt got injured at the big pay-per-view event SummerSlam.

This made Carmen worry, they haven't talked in so long. She didn't care if he never acknowledged her, she still worried about him.

"I was wondering..." She told the man across from her. "Maybe I should go to WWE. Maybe it will get me closer to him."

"So you want to leave?"

"Yeah, AJ told me he could see if he could pull some strings for me."

Tama sighs as he continues eating.

"What's wrong?"

"It's just... I know you miss Devitt, I do too. But..."

"But?" Carmen raises her eyebrow.

"I want you here. Devitt, Styles, Anderson, and Gallows are gone. You and Fale are pretty much all I have left of the original Club." Tama admitted. "And I just want to add, I don't trust Omega."

As much as Carmen wanted to see Devitt again, if Tama Tonga was admitting that he wanted her to stay with him and Fale in New Japan, she wouldn't refuse the request. She did think this Elite faction was getting out of control.

"I'll stay if you want me to stay." She tells him.

"Stay here, please."

*******

Carmen had a busy autumn, she won the Best of Los Angeles tournament by PWG and she won back the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship. However she did lose her CMLL Reina International Championship, then later she lost the IWGP Junior Heavyweight belt again. She also developed a well known online rivalry with Shayna Bazsler.
The rivalry developed all the way back to Ring of Honor's 13th Anniversary Show. Before the show, Shayna had tweeted online that Carmen Alvarez was hiding in New Japan away from her while responding to a troll. Carmen tweeted that she was going to the show and she was going to 'pull up' on Shayna Baszler. While Shayna had accompanied reDRagon to the ring, Carmen had accompanied the Young Bucks. After the match, a viral moment happened between the women when the two women had a shouting match. No blows were exchanged however all the fans speculated when they would ever have a match together. Since then, both women had express themselves online with trolling and 'sneak disses'. Carmen even caused another viral moment when she tweeted: "I don't hide from anyone. I don't even play hide and seek." Then she posted a video of her and Bullet Club playing hide and seek yet she refused to hide when she was suppose to. Whenever people told her she's acting irrational or unreasonable, she blames it on Tama Tonga for teaching her his ways.

After Wrestle Kingdom, she won back the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship. Afterwards, despite not winning much gold, the group goes out for drinks.

As soon as they all get their drinks, Kenny gets Carmen's attention.

"I'm going to be taking a break from New Japan!" Kenny yells at her.