But I Can't

[ SOFT ANGST ]

During the entire council meeting, to which Obikin were called to, Anakin was acting up. The Jedi Knight would roll his eyes at Windu, or copy Yoda's hand motions; all of which were done pretty subtly.

Obi-Wan sighed at his childish remarks but couldn't help the small smile that appeared on his lips.

At one point during the meeting, Anakin made a very  suggestive hand gesture towards Obi-Wan, discreetly of course, which made Obi-Wan blush and mouth, "This is why you're not a Jedi Master."

As the meeting ended, Obi-Wan hurried out of a council meeting, rushing to get home so he could just sit and think, think about everything. Think about the hidden Sith Lord. Think about new and upcoming missions he would be assigned on. Think about Anakin. Anakin has such an effect on him, he made him break his concentration during a council meeting.

His pace increased when he sensed Anakin's force signature. Anakin was behind him, farther down the hall. Obi-Wan didn't want to be around Anakin, his presence would toy with his mind, distract him, prevent him from things he needed to do.

"Obi-Wan, wait up!" Anakin shouted.

Obi-Wan brushed back the strands of hair that was falling in his eyes. He almost ran through the hall.

"Obi-Wan, stop!" Anakin ordered.

With his brown boots scuffing against the marble floors, Obi-Wan came to a halt. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose as Anakin caught up to him.

Obi-Wan expected Anakin appear beside him so that they could walk back to their rooms together, so it was a surprise when the older male felt Anakin wrap his arms around him from behind.

Anakin brought his lips to Obi-Wan's ear as he whispered, "Look, I know we both really care about Padmé, but I think it's best if we tell her the truth."

"What are you talking about?" Obi-Wan asked, voice low and slightly wavering. He stared ahead, listening to the words that slipped out of his former Padawan's lips.

"I'm not over you, I was never over you, Obi-Wan. And I thought I could fight it, but I can't, not with goddamn smile of yours." Anakin continued.

Obi-Wan's breath shook as he exhaled. "I didn't know I was ready to hear a love confession today." He joked, his words shaky and hesitant.

Anakin remained silent for a few seconds, and then continued. "Obi-Wan, if you don't stop me now I'm going to kiss you." He paused. "Right here, right now."

Anakin turned Obi-Wan around, examining the other's flustered face. Both of their noses brushed for a few seconds, until Obi-Wan backed away. "The council—" he started.

"I don't care about the council," Anakin breathed, pulling Obi-Wan back towards now.

"Anakin, wait." The older continued to protest.

"Obi-Wan, please." Anakin begged. Obi-Wan remained silent. He let his body relax in Anakin's arms.

Anakin took this as an answer, he brushed his lips against the latter's, which were partly hidden by his beard. His lips melted on Obi-Wan's. A soft, tender, and loving dance each pair displayed as the moves in sync with one another.

Anakin held the smaller in his arms, absolutely absorbed in his intoxicating presence. Obi-Wan let his fingers tangle as they ran through Anakin's messy brown hair.

Much to Anakin's despair, Obi-Wan pulled away. When doing so, he placed a hand on the taller's cheek, running his thumb along the skin, admiring with his eyes the sharp features of Anakin.

Anakin hugged him. He hugged Obi-Wan tight, basking in the warmth of the other. Here, together, they were one. And it felt incredible.

[ END ]

I keep forgetting to put end here whoops
also if there is any "obi-swan's" in the writing excuse it, my keyboard keeps autocorrect his name to SWaN smh