Level I

Y/n's POV:

The shiver ran down my spine because of the cold and those people were looking at me, with an air of amazement and concern.

《Come here to the fire...you will feel better.》  A boy's voice broke the silence.
I had never heard of it before, but it was really comforting.
I came closer.
There was a half trunk cut in front of me; someone had already sat down, but there was enough space for me too.
I noticed that my hands were dirty with earth and one of my sleeves was torn; I was wearing the same clothes I wore the last time.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder.
《How are you feeling?》  I looked up to see a black girl looking at me with fawn eyes.

《Where am I?》  I just managed to say.

《To hell.》  I turned to that hard voice; another boy, with a muscular and rough appearance, was staring at me with his arms folded.

《Perfect timing David, as always.》  Another girl approached the fire silencing the other with her ice-colored eyes.

《We're in another reality created by a creature known as the Entity. There's no escape from here to return to the real world.》  The girl next to me answered.

《It's a nightmare that never ends.》  Another girl with red braids added, sitting next to yet another boy.

《My name is Claudette.》  She introduced herself suddenly.

《Y/n.》  I was in a wood, with guys I didn't know and, in a nutshell, they were telling me that I would never go home.

《And do you think staying here around a fire will make us feel better? It's madness...I'm not going to waste any more time here.》  I got up, right after.

《There's no other place to go...when you're not chosen.》  The girl with ice-colored eyes replied.

I ignored her and ran into the darkness.
Despite the distance, I still could see the faint light coming from their field. I moved through the trees looking for a path that could get me out of that place.
There was a frightening silence and I had the feeling of being followed. I turned and in front of me there was a motionless black silhouette. I screamed in fright.

《Take it easy! It's me...》  His hands took my back and, to try to calm me, he got closer to me. Under the moonlight, I recognized him; he was the boy who had invited me just before to warm up.

《Forgive me, I didn't mean to scare you.》

《As soon as I saw you run away, I followed you. It's still a forest and, if you don't know it, you will end up getting lost.》  Black tufts showed the soft lines of his brown eyes; they reminded me of the Japanese prints I had seen in high school during an art exhibition.

《Well, now two of us got lost...》  I said to him with a slight sarcasm.

《Don't worry, I'm used to it.
I didn't show up before, my name is Jake.》  He took my hand to lead me out of there and, perhaps, not to run away from him again.

《You have gone far. We will have to go a little way.》  His voice was the only thing that reassured me, in such a difficult moment.