Level III

Steve's POV:

How boring...every time the same story; I could no longer sit in this place waiting; I didn't understand how others were able to endure all this.

The situation had been in bad shape even before we arrived; with Zarina, we were twenty-one people in there, but it was like there was nobody there.
Few wanted to have a chat. Except for Nancy, the others were strangers to me.

I was sitting on one of those trunks, as always; she was also next to me. Her head was elsewhere, I knew it too well. Even though we had split up, we hadn't gone completely, especially after finding out that the Demogorgon was also present in this dimension.

《What are you thinking about, Nancy?
Have you found any new strategy to fight the killers?》I couldn't stand the silence, but I was curious to know what she had in mind.

《...It's very strange...》  Her expression was really nice; she had been staring at the ground for a while, but she seemed very focused.
Suddenly, she looked up with a more determined air than before.
《...She hasn't changed since we came back...something happened during that trial...I want to find out what it is.》

《Are you referring to the last time? If I'm not mistaken, there was also the new girl...where's the problem?》

《She seems to me...》  She didn't have the words to describe her and so I replied, in her place.

《Sexy?》  I had found Y/n very beautiful, unlike the others present. I hadn't had the opportunity to speak to her yet.
《Who knows if I'm her type...》  Nancy turned to me as soon as she noticed that I was fixing my hair.

《You never change...》  More than a smile, she grimaced.
I couldn't fail to admit that I still liked her...and to think that she had left me for that Byers...I doubted she still remembered him in this place.

- - -

Jake's POV:

I didn't understand why Y/n wanted to be alone; every time I saw her in that state, I wanted to do something for her.
She seemed suffering and frightened.

I wanted to talk to her, but when I tried I was chosen for the trial or I couldn't find her.
I knew she was hiding in the woods, but I wasn't following her; I wanted to respect her decision and wait for her return...to be able to see her with a smile, maybe.

- - -

Laurie's POV:

Y/n had become silent and elusive.
It all started when I saw her on Lampkin Lane in terrible condition.
Michael wasn't an easy opponent to sidetrack and there wasn't doubt that he attacked her.

But it wasn't just that...there had to be more, which had deeply disturbed her.
After the trial, I had approached her to make sure she had recovered; her appearance was fine, but her expression said something else.
My eyes fell on her neckline; under the collarbone, there was a dark spot similar to a bruise. She must have got it during the chase...

But it was strange that it hadn't disappeared yet.

- - -

Y/n's POV:

I felt in pieces. I didn't want to talk to anyone, except during a trial.
I was glad to know that someone worried about me, but I should have explained the reason and honestly I didn't want to talk about it with anyone, not even with Laurie.