Level IV

Y/n's POV:

A very special day was approaching for me. Based on the marks I had left on the tree, it was two weeks and three days. Out of here, it was now summer. I thought back to the trips I took by car with my family for my birthday; I often chose to go to Philadelphia and it was a long way from our neighborhood in Pennsylvania County, or we spent a few days outdoors away from the urban bustle along the Delaware River. Vegetation grew and the view was breathtaking.
I liked living these quiet moments, because I knew my parents would like it too; even if for a day, they let the weight of their respective jobs slip by dedicating themselves exclusively to us.

Knowing that I couldn't celebrate my twentieth birthday with them made me feel bad.

Couldn't I get out of here, even for a little while? The time needed to review and hug them...

They would have seen that I was fine, at least...but they wouldn't let me go anymore and, unfortunately, that wasn't the way things were.
I hadn't told anyone about it yet, until a question came from Jake; he had seen the bark marked with the number "20". I had forgotten that this boy knew every inch of the forest and no doubt had noticed the hollow tree I had discovered.

《I haven't stopped counting the days since I've been here and, soon, it will be my birthday...a day like any other, of course.》

Jake smiled.
《It's still a special day for you, don't forget it.》  If I could make a wish for that day, I wanted to wake up in my beloved home.

There were few positive things in this realm, but something incredible had happened lately. Someone had made me unstable and I didn't know how to react every time I met him again.

Although still a question mark, Michael Myers wasn't exactly the killer I expected him to be; my new companions always identified him as the Shape, including Laurie, and the same was true of all the other killers. Nobody wondered if they, like Michael, had had another life outside of this one.

《It's impossible. They have never tried in any way to communicate with us. Did they have a normal life? I don't care...but I doubt it was different; there's not a shred of humanity in their eyes.》  That was how Nea had answered me when I brought up the subject. Those present nodded their heads agreeing that she was right.

《And you? Have you ever tried this? You don't know if they have a name-》I was interrupted by David's laugh.

《Ahahaha! Don't tell me you're serious?! Do you really think you're here to have a chat with those monsters? Wake up Y/n...》  He finished with his usual swaggering smile; on the contrary, I stared at him and realized that I wasn't joking.

《I believe that Y/n's observation is not so wrong, otherwise it wouldn't be explained why there are completely different killers. Most of them still show human features...》  Zarina had got in the way; I was glad to know that someone had asked the same questions as me...it was part of her profession, after all.

《...and everyone has a different power, so they can put it in our asses for good, okay, what about that? Why do you care so much about getting to know them?》  I didn't understand why David was doing this until Dwight stepped in to make peace.

《D-don't fight, please. There's no need to use certain languages ​​between us.》  His expression changed as David turned to his side.

《We aren't fighting, four eyes. I'm just curious to know where our new partner wants to go, expert in "communication with the killer" and also with the Entity, while you're here...》  He sat right next to me and the situation became more and more tense; I had heard that it didn't take much to piss him off, but not that he got his hands on a woman and it worried me a bit.