Level II

Y/n's POV:

My life had drastically changed.
Day and night were one and there wasn't difference between yesterday and today (or tomorrow).
After my first trip, I discovered new places, but the purpose was always the same. Even monsters under Entity control were a result of its sick game; or at least that was what my mates had told me.
Each of them had special skills, capable of putting the sticks in the wheels surviving us.

This was what we were in fact...Survivors. All of us kept memories of our past; sometimes, I wondered if my family had given up looking for me.

I had found a way to know what day it was and how much time had passed; when I wasn't called in the trial, I decided to spend some time in the woods and, not far from the field, I found a fairly large hollow tree.
From the outside, it looked like a refuge; the bark was intact and I marked it with a stone. I went there almost every day to draw a vertical line and, after a week, I engraved a horizontal one above the previous ones.
For the moment, only five days had passed since my arrival, but it seemed like an eternity; probably because we were forced to several trials within a "day".

Yui and Claudette were the first to approach me and I immediately established a very friendly relationship with them. The nicest ones were certainly Ace and Min; when I happened to have them as my companions, Ace never let go his sense of humor.
《Don't let this place devour you inside...do like me! I happened in this bad place, but I never lost my charm! I really believe that luck has never left me!》  He often said, even when he couldn't get away with it.

As for Min, she was a bit mean, but she was as fast as a cat when there was a need to sneak away.
Many worried about her, probably because of her stature, but I didn't think that was the problem.

I didn't talk much to Dwight; he was somewhat shy, but not for this stupid, as many believed.
Even with David, I didn't have a particular conversation, but often I realized that he was watching me secretly; who knows what was going on in his mind...

Unlike everyone else, Jake was special; he was always close to me when I needed, especially at the beginning of my stay. He had explained to me some techniques for surviving in an unknown environment and how not to frighten animals, even though the latter was difficult for me.
When, on the other hand, I found him alone, I watched him for a couple of times, while he stared at the moon with his black eyes; he always said he never thought about his father, but when I saw that melancholy expression on his face, well, how could I believe him?

Once, I talked to Nea about it, that I still didn't know anything about her and it was our first chat. I asked her if she missed her parents.
《Not really, except when I was a kid. Most of the time I spent it on the street...this fire reminds me of the time I spent with other guys to warm up...after running away from the police, of course.》

《T-the police?! What were you up to?》  I didn't think she was really a thug, even if you look.

《Nothing special...some scribbling on the walls and violation of property, even if abandoned. They never managed to catch us, in any case; when they arrived, only the fresh paint remained.》  It was a sought after, in a nutshell. I didn't believe my ears. I had to admit she was perfect for this place.

She was scratching her leg when her gray eyes focused on something; I turned around and noticed that she was looking at Jake.
《Someone here has a crush...》  She looked for my gaze again, with a slight grin on her lips.  《Sometimes he looks at you.》  She concluded.

《Who? Jake? But no! We're just good friends...he acts like an older brother sometimes, but it doesn't bother me. It reminds me of my younger brother.》  It was true that a relationship had developed with Jake, but I didn't think he really liked me.