two

"Mom!" yelled Clary

Mom turned around and walked over to Clary, hugging her.

"You did it. Yay!" Jocelyn happily laughed.

Seraphina hugged her mom, kissing her on the cheek. "You also follow Simon?" asked Seraphina, throwing her bag on the couch.

Jocelyn looked at Seraphina, answering "He only has 92 followers, he needs the retweets. Congratulations."

Seraphina raised her eyebrow at this "Welp, alright. I am going up to my room."

"Wait, honey."

"Thank you, hashtag stalker mom." answered Clary, hugging her mom.

Jocelyn turned around, grabbing two boxes from the table.

"Happy birthday." she said, giving Clary the box.

"And this is for you, honey." now giving Seraphina the other box.

"Why? It's not my birthday. But thanks, mom." Seraphina, perplaxed asked, thanking her mom, already knowing what is inside.

"Just open it." ordered Jocelyn.

Clary and Seraphina opened their box at the same time, looking at the runes inscribed on the stele.

"It's called a stele." explained Jocelyn and Seraphina at the same time to confused Clary.

Jocelyn looked at her oldest sharply, trying to figure out how she knew that.

Seraphina looked at her mom, shaking her head, her eyes saying 'not now'. Jocelyn nodded her head at that.

"What is it, like, a paperweight?" asked Clary.

Jocelyn shook her "No, it's much more than that. It's very ancient. I want you two to have it. It's a family heirloom." explained their mom.

Clary let out a laugh at this "We Frays have heirlooms?"

"A few." answered Jocelyn.

At this, Seraphina went up to her bedroom, bored of that conversation.

Locking the door to her room, Seraphina threw herself on her bed, falling face down, and the tears that she kept inside, freely fell down.

Her cries could be heard echoing in the room.

She let out everything that she has been keeping inside. Thanking of her break up with her boyfriend, despite loving him, she knew that today is the day they return to the shadow world. She will not put him in danger, like how Clary put Simon.

Her mom will be taken away today from them. Luke will go MIA on them. Her daddy will return, her Jona following, her mom dying. She just can't.

Seraphina groaned after hearing her phone beep. She opened her eyes and scratched her nose.

It looks like she fell asleep after her breakdown. She should probably get up now.

Looking at herself in the mirror, Seraphina couldn't believe what she was seeing.

Her mascara was smudged, running down her cheeks, her lipstick all over her mouth, red on her forehead from the position she was sleeping.

She quickly went to the bathroom, showered and dressed herself in her black top, black leather pants and black leather high heel boots.

She put on some dark make up, mascara for volume, mascara for the lenght, her balsam for the mouth, purple eyeshadow, eyeliner and went out of the room.

She went to the kitchen where she could hear voices coming from.

"We both knew this time was coming. We'll tell them together." she heard Luke say.