Five

It took a week for any of the doctors in charge of Aerin's care to deem her well enough to be discharged, which wasn't the least bit surprising. To be quite honest, Bobby'd been surprised when they'd decided to move her from the ICU to a typical recovery room within three Days. His wife'd simply grinned like a Cheshire Cat till they were left alone again, then said that she'd always had a crazy-strong immune system like this. She'd also apparently been popping vitamin C religiously since she knew that being pregnant in the middle of cold and flu Season left her more vulnerable than normal.

        During the week that she'd been confined to her hospital bed, Duff'd basically thrown up two huge middle fingers and told his band–even Slash–to drop down and worship him like a God, as it were. The Silver Fox'd asked him to keep an eye on Zep and Zeph the Night he'd rushed their shared wife to the hospital in the first place, and he loved them like his own. He wasn't about to leave them alone since their siblings were busy with babies of their own now, nor was he gonna send them to Ash's and Aidan's while they were even mildly sick.

        Naturally, Axl'd been pissed to get that big ol' Fuck you, and the high Horse ya rode in on, too from his bassist, which'd spiraled into him tracking the blonde down. With the Intent to ream him out in person since he wouldn't say why he wasn't doing anything band-related at the moment, he'd forced Slash into taking him to wherever the blonde bassist'd disappeared to.

        Course, Slash hadn't given in to the ginger front man's demands without calling him and talking it over with him first. He wasn't about to bring what amounted to a raging lunatic to the Dalls' house and around their kids with absolutely no warning, if only so they wouldn't get hurt. But after a three-way call, even Bobby'd told him to just bring Axl on out, 'cuz he prolly wouldn't believe them without seeing what he could with his own eyes. His only stipulation was that he be removed from the premises, if they requested it, 'cuz if he started upsetting his wife while she was still recovering, he was gonna make Hog food outta him. Laughing, his blonde equivalent'd sworn to join that particular endeavor from his End of the call, if the ginger front man did that.

        DING DONG!

        Considering that Bobby and Aerin were still waiting on the young woman's official discharge paperwork, Duff knew damn good and well it was most likely his band mates at the door. Zak and Zoe both'd keysta their dad's house, so they pretty much never rang the doorbell since they could just let themselves in. To that End, he knew he'd to answer said door quickly, or the caller was just gonna practically lay on the doorbell and wind up waking the twins from their nap too early.

        "Well, I'll be damned," Axl breathed, his blue eyes widening when the door opened to actually Reveal his band mate. "All right, Slash–hard as this is for me, I gotta apologize since I didn't believe ya."

        The lead guitarist simply chuckled as he tipped his infamous top hat to the blonde giant. "How're ya doing, man?"

        "Eh, hasn't been me that was sick," Duff chuckled, stepping back to let them in. "Just keep it down, or I'm letting y'all figure out how to Silence the screeching and whining."

        "Wait, what?" The ginger's brow furrowed in confusion as they entered the foyer and he closed the door behind them.

        "Babysitting for some folks that're pretty closeta me," he answered with a grin. "And said boogers're currently in the middle of their nap, so if ya awake the Kraken–"

        "Ya better be ready to go down with your ship," Slash laughed, careful to keep his voice down. "That explains it, though, 'cuz I thought this house was a lil too quiet, considering what I saw and heard before."