Nine

"Mammina, whas sexy mean?"

        Having not expected that kinda question outta the mouth of her almost five-Year-old son, Aerin momentarily choked on the sip of Pepsi she'd just taken. Said son gasped and scrambled onto the couch beside her to whack her on the back like he'd seen her do to Zeph when she curled around her massive belly. At eight months pregnant, she couldn't wait to be done and able to turn these boogers over to her friends, but in the meantime, she couldn't be choking like this since they needed her alive.

        "Where on Earth chu hear dat word at, chu booger?" she finally managed to ask once she'd caught her breath.

        "Jack's big bubba used it while we were playing!" Zep answered. "Nuuuu knows what it means, so I just let him tinks I nuuuu hear it."

        "Chu's a devious lil punk," the young woman chuckled as she ruffling his hair, which made him giggle and bat at her hand.

        "Mammina!" he squealed.

        "Chu's just likey chu daddy wiff chu hair," Aerin told him. "But to be sexy meansta be attractive to someone else."

        "It does?" The lil boy cocked his head like a curious puppy. "So, Paparino sexy to chu?"

        "Mmm, hmm–very much so," she answered, nodding.

        "But chu luz Paparino, too, right?" Zep asked.

        "That, I do," the young woman chuckled. "A lotta people that're in Love like we are think their partner's sexy."

        "Dear Gods–what the hell'd I just walk in on?"

        Looking up, Aerin couldn't help cracking up at the somewhat horrified look on her Silver Fox's face as he held Zeph against his chest, one ear pressed to it while he covered the other with his free hand. No doubt he'd thought he still had closeta ten more Years before he'd to go through this again, but that was one thing he hadn't realized about his wife. While there were obviously some things she wouldn't tell a five-Year-old, she didn't believe in lying to them or trying to brush off their questions. Kids were gonna be kids, and no doubt if she didn't answer their son's questions, he'd just go hunting answers elsewhere–and she'd rather he hear it from her or his daddy, not someone else.

        "Your son just asked me what sexy meant," she told him once she'd Calmed down.

        "Jesus–where the hell'd he hear that?" Bobby groaned, settling in his recliner.

        "Apparently, Jack's older brother used it in front of the boys," the young woman explained. "But hey, I don't really mind answering such a question–in fact, I'd rather he hear it from us."

        "I guess that's fair enough," he agreed. "I still think they're a bit young, though."

        "Oh, no disagreement there," Aerin chuckled. "But considering that to be sexy's to be attractive to someone else at its most basic, it's not really that bad of an explanation."

        "True enough," the Silver Fox laughed.

        "But like I was telling him when y'all came in, a lotta folks in Love think their partner's sexy," she reiterated, now that even Zeph's ears were uncovered.

        "Mammina tinks Paparino ish sexy," Zep giggled when his twin looked confused.

        Said daddy snorted in an effort not to choke on his own drink, his face turning a Light shade of pink.