28: arrived earlier than expected

Maxiliam chuckles while patting Ludwig's back.

"Mr. Rudersforf and Mr. Zettour, it's good to see you both arrive to meet me!" Ludwig said while sitting down a few seats away from Maxiliam, Zettour, and Lerhgen.

"Please, do you remember him? Mr. Schreise?" Ludwig said while patting Schreise by the shoulder.

Maxiliam hummed before declining.

Schreise chuckled before saying, "it's me, Heinrich zu Schreise."

"Ah...so it really is you, Heinrich. I suppose you finally earned the right to be called in Mr and not Sir anymore." Maxiliam smiled while reaching a hand out.

Schreise took it in glee and gripped whilst shaking the hand hard.

"It's good to see you both can make it. How has the defense with the sudden attacks from the Legadonia Entente Alliance familia?" Zettour asked while raising a hand to call over the nearest server around them.

Ludwig sighed before saying, "terrible, there have been numerous attacks on our cargo loads and deliveries...even I don't know if I'll always make each due every day knowing they've got me in each fake truck!"

"It's true. They've been destroying each of our deliveries and even going to the limit of burning the items just so they can make their own dues met instead." Schreise said before giving his order to the waiter.

"I'll just have water as well." Lerhgen said while looking over the papers in front of him.

"Why? Are you broke?" The waiter asked while writing his order down.

"No, I'm just not big on drinking. She'd kill me if I've got even the slightest of liquor or alcohol emitting from my breath." Lerhgen said while raising a brow towards the waiter.

The waiter rolled their eyes before asking, "anything else?"

"Bring a plate of exactly three cookies, nothing more and nothing less." Maxiliam said before the waiter finally took his leave.

Visha meekly smiled while keeping still like she had intended to do for two hours straight.

"Even though she's strict, she's cute when she sleeps." She mumbled while giving one more glance over to Tanya.

She was still asleep.

Ludwig and Schreise just arrived a few minutes before an hour even dared passed. This also means that Tanya fell asleep when they were parking on the car in the parking lot.

"I wouldn't speak so freely about her like that. Who knows..she might suddenly wake up while you're talking." Grantz said while meekly smiling as he clasped his hands together on the table.

"Can I get you anything?" A waitress soon went up to them.

"No, we're fine." Koenig said while raising a hand for a decline.

The waitress frowned in confusion for a bit before leaving. She was hot like she thinks she is, everyone thinks she is, and yet men somehow were able to decline her so easily without stammering or mumbling to her at all.

...

"It's been an hour by now." Weiss pondered while glancing around him.

"What do you mean attack..? Why not give over a peace treaty instead and befriend them?" Ludwig said after taking a drink from his beer.

He wasn't drunk when he spoke at all.

"Look, my workers are feeling irritated because of me extending the date they're supposed to get paid, if I don't do anything about it, I'll be broke and taken out of the empire without hesitation!" He continued while rubbing his temples from his desperate times.

Schreise sighed.

"We've gone bankrupt and our spies haven't reported back on us of what the Legadonia Entente familia is really planning." He said before taking a sip from his smooth glass of whiskey.

"And honestly, why do you have a plate of cookies beside Lerhgen? If that's for you, then you should eat it." He continued while pointing at the untouched plate beside Lerhgen.

Lerhgen declined whilst saying, "I wouldn't do that if I'm not thinking rationally about it."

Schreise rolled his eyes to that. He was a tad drunk actually and you can really tell that he's not thinking that straight about what he's doing.

"Hey! Were you the ones who declined her!!?"

Then a shout made the five men turned over to the table six people including Tanya were sitting on.

"What..? Oh, we didn't really need to order, well, we're just being rational not to order unless told to." Koenig said while staring at the same waitress they had encountered just minutes ago.

"Oh yeah!!??? Then who the hell is this person you're saying won't let you order unless told to!?" The man was shouting, he wore a red suit in black pants and a tie completely loose like the messy collar he had.

"Please keep it down, Sir." Visha said while caressing the side of Tanya's face.

Tanya wad grumbling in her sleep over the loud voice.

Maxiliam hummed before standing up, immediately did Lerhgen let him sit back down while saying, "no, no, please I'll take care of it for you, boss."

"Tell who the fu----"

"Excuse me Sir...is there a problem you want to address?" Lerhgen muzzled the man from yelling again.

He received a mocking laugh from the man before getting an answer of, "yeah, I've got a problem. My baby girl here is doing her work and someone in their right mind decides to decline her fucking service!"

"Sir, please keep it down." Lerhgen said while raising his hands in front of him.

"Keep it down!?? What do you mean keep it down!!??" The man was still yelling.

"Sir, please." Lerhgen sighed while maintaining the distance of the man from the table.

"You're disturbing others and you're disturbing this occupied table." He continued while giving the man a stern look of disappointment.

"Babe, let's just go.." the waitress was embarrassed by this scene.

"Fucking assholes! Just who do you all think you are?? Some kind of giant organization that can obliterate my whole fucking bloodline!? I'm royalty and I get what I want!!!"

"Sir, if you don't stop yelling we'll have to address to violence outside of the establishment." Weiss said after standing and confronting the man up close.