Part 14 - When Mummies Attack

(POV: Zeke Bolt)

It had been a week since the attack and Trixy still wouldn't wake from her coma. I hadn't been able to sleep much and spent much of my time checking in on everyone that was attacked. I had been injured as well but this wasn't my first encounter with gold.

Trixy was in the same room I had taken her too but I hadn't been able to see her for the last three days. I had been busy calming everyone down and filling them in on what had happened. The main Pack doctor reported to me every night what her condition was.

Last time I saw her she was so pale that her slight tint of tan was gone. She looked like she was a zombie with large bags under her eyes from her body fighting the poisonous substance. She was mostly wrapped in bandages and I had to politely ask her father for a blood donation to help her recovery.

After standing in front of her door for about five minutes I finally took a deep breath opening the door. I was greeted with a mummy slapping the main pack doctor, Albert.

"Don't touch me! I don't know you! I can take care of myself!" Trixy yelled at him and he looked at me.

"Where did you find this one?! None of the sedates are working properly. I gave her double the normal amount even." He huffed looking rather out of breath.

"She's special. That's for sure. Now, what is she fighting you about?" I asked and she looked a little shy sitting down on the bed.

"I need to change her wrappings." He explained looking back and forth between us.

"Trixy, sit still. I'll unwrap and rewrap you but he needs to see how the wounds are doing. Deal?" I requested calmly and sat next to her on the bed.

"Only if after the wounds are clean you put honey and sugar in them. It prevents infection and the honey helps hold the sugar in place. It's a nice treat to eat the next time we have to do this." She said and waited. I looked at the doc who shrugged and stood u.

"I'm willing to try anything if it'll get her to be a little more obedient." He sighed and strolled out of the room.

"Don't fight him. He's trying to help you after you were an idiot and disobeyed my orders." I sighed and rubbed face slowly.

"Gloria doesn't like him and she's been irritated since I woke up. I have a killer headache too." She groaned and held out an arm for me to start unwrapping.

"Such a stubborn little one." I chuckled softly as I started unwrapping her arm revealing the deep carvings from metal claws.

I found out this week what a terrifying force of nature she was. She had taken down many rogues before I got there. She almost ripped my throat out before she realized it was me.

'Motherly? Check. Good fighter? Check. Cute girl? Check. Stubborn enough to head butt a bull to prove she's the most bullheaded? Check. Real fine-looking wolf? Double check. What are you waiting for?' Raiden asked.

'Shut up, Raiden. She's a friend, you dog.' I growled at him.

'Hey, at least I'm honest. She's feisty and really cute. Never thought I'd chase after a red wolf but she's better than a black beauty or white wonder.' Raiden babbled on ignoring my protests for the most part.

"Hello, Raiden. I know you two are chatting about something but I wanted to say hi." Trixy chirped pulling me from my conversation but Raiden flew into control.

"Hello, dear. How are you feeling? Do you need anything? I bet your hungry. Would you like anything?" He asked a little too eagerly.

"I'm a little hungry and I'm just feeling a little weak. Thanks for asking, Raiden." She purred.