Chapter 24

"I'm not going in!" I yelled.

"You have too!" said Laura.

"Why can't you do it?" I asked.

"Because we don't want to," answered Lacey. "It's your idea and that means you're telling."

"Fine," I sighed.

I took in a deep breath and entered our ex-mom's room. She was sitting there, with the same man from yesterday.

She noticed me coming in and put on a fake smile.

"Honey," she said, through gritted teeth. "What are you doing here?"

"Yo, old man," I yelled to the dude. "This is your cue to leave."

The man nodded, got up and rushed past me. My mom rolled her eyes and walked up to me, clearly antagonized.

"What now?"

"We're leaving." I said, bluntly.

"What," she asked. "You can't just walk out on me. You girls are my responsibility. You're not going anywhere. "

"We are," I screamed. "Why didn't you just divorce Dad when you had the chance? Why did you have to cheat?"

"I was going to, but then he-"

"We're still sick of you, so we're going to start packing. Don't miss us.''

I turned around and almost left when I remembered I also had another thing to say.

"Oh yeah," I said, turning around to face her again. "I'm going out with Riker! Just thought you should know!"

At that, her face literally turned red and it looked like she wanted to slap me. I just smirked at her and walked away, self-satisfied.

I turned away and walked out the door. The two stood outside, grinning like idiots. Obviously, they had been eavesdropping.

I smiled and nodded. Then, they squealed and ran off to their rooms while I went into mine. I dialed up Riker and he picked up on the first ring.

"It's OK with her!"

"YAY!!!" I squeaked.

He laughed, and I joined in.

"Let's go to the beach." he said.

"Great idea. Are my friends and their boyfriends invited?"

"Well, my friends and their girlfriends are invited, so of course."

"That's awesome! I'll see you there."

"You bet!" he said.

The call disconnected and I quickly picked out a swimsuit.

I ended up on a navy style halterneck striped bow tie swimsuit. It was one of my favourites.

Then I called up my girls and then I called my sisters.

After everyone was ready, we all headed to the beach. It was bright and sunny, the waves were calm and soothing and groups of people were to be seen everywhere.

I looked around to see Riker, standing with his friends. He spotted me and beckoned me over.

I ran over, the girls and their guys trailing behind.

"You look as beautiful as ever." grinned River.

"Oh, stop!" I said, flustered.

"Uh guys, could you give us some space?" said Riker to all the numbskulls gawking at us.