COURT - PART TWO

Reyna:

Surprisingly the following week happened fast. We did get a few calls from Dev threatening us to withdraw everything. But we were always step ahead. Rakesh had managed to tap Dev's phone and collected each threat all as evidence. And we were fully protected with security wherever we go. Zoya became stronger both emotionally and physically day by day. She stood strong. The nightmares and panic attacks continued for her for a long while. But she rarely talked about it. We won't bring it up either. Unless it was necessary. And her bond with Arjun was growing stronger day by day. We all knew they were falling in love. Arjun who was the child in our group became a grown up only for Zoya. And up until now we didn't get to the see the child in Zoya. The way she loves stuffed animals and plays with my cheeks and hugs Ibrahim and how much she loves Ibrahim patting her head and the way she pouts as he takes it off, it all was so cute. It was also a sad reminder of how much of her childhood she missed. We were all rooting for her and Arjun. In fact I think they already are together, and they're just waiting to tell us. I didn't tell anyone though, except for Sheela. As for Sheela and Ibrahim, they seem to be ok. They are spending some time together apart but Sheela shrugs off the subject whenever I ask saying its all okay. Sometimes she seems to be hiding something and telling me something else. Ibrahim didn't speak to me much and for that I was thankful. I really hope things go good for them because the way Sheela was loving him is way too much.

The day of hearing came and Dev walked in expressionless. All of our faces were tense . Only Ibrahim and Rakesh were smirking and were confident we would win. I smacked Rakesh's arm when he smirked at Dev and Rakesh smiled at me. I shook my head. I sat next to Zoya and held her hand . Arjun was beside her gripping her tightly. The judge declared the result finally. Dev was gonna be hanged to death. Arjun closed his eyes and sighed thankfully. Ibrahim smiled. Sheela sighed of relief. Rakesh smiled of gratitude and pride. And I looked at Zoya. She closed her eyes but her expression was sad. We all didn't expect this but none of us disagreed with it. I didn't too. There were a lot of innocent lives that have been taken by Dev. He ruined the lives of many people. While the hearing was going on I wanted him dead too. Finally its happening. So even I sighed. Dev wasn't going to change. I glanced at him and he was looking at Zoya. Zoya saw him once but looked away. Dev had an expression of defeat , anger but no remorse. Then he looked at me. And kept looking at me as they took him away. I But his expression softened. He didn't take his eyes off me and I looked away. Dev was gone. It was all really over. We all got up and hugged each other. I hugged Zoya. "You okay?", I asked. She nodded. Was she? Really okay?