Sheela

Reyna:

The next morning I went down and every one were already there. I smelled awesome food and knew Zoya was cooking. But when I went down to the kitchen I saw Sheela cooking. She looked up and smiled. And I knew that the smile hid something but I didn't ask. Arjun and Zoya were sitting next to each other. Sheela spoke then. "Hey Reyna . Eat i made it! " She squeeled and I smiled and looked at others. They're expression was stiff although they were smiling. "Thanks Sheela. The smell was so good I actually thought Zoya cooked it." Sheela laughed. "Well guess I nailed it then." We finished our breakfast and went to the living room. Sheela cleared her throat. "I'm making lunch too. Let's see how it comes out. Considering it will be the last meal I make for you guys before I leave, I want it to be good." I stopped in my tracks, shocked by what she said.

I looked at her. "Your leaving?" Sheela looked down and Zoya and Arjun looked away from me. I held her hand. "Sheela? I know your in pain. And I know I am a big cause of it. If you need to get away from me, from all this , you can tell me." Sheela sighed. "I am telling you now." I nodded, sadly and sighed. She had already made up her mind. "When?" Sheela looked down. "An hour after lunch." Tears stung my eyes. The friend who I wanted to visit after many years, I've managed to drive her away from me in a few days. I turned away from her.

I heard her telling Arjun she needs to pack and went upstairs. Zoya put her hand on my shoulder after Sheela left and that's when the tears fell down. She hugged me. I nodded and went to my room. After 45 mins she came to my room. I looked up at her and saw that she was crying too. I forced smile, which I was sure was filled with love for her and got up and hugged her. She hugged me back after a while. "I know Reyna." I smiled. "I love you." I felt her nod. We released each other. I looked at her. "Where?" She sighed. "Mumbai. I managed to get work there. And mom and dad know. I'll be staying with cousins for a while." I held her shoulder. "You know you don't have to leave right? You shouldn't be the one leaving right?" She nodded and smiled a little. "I know. But this is necessary for me. I need some space , from him, this house, our memories. everything." Her voice broke at the end. I nodded. She smiled and touched my face. I held her hand in mine. "You should hate me more." She shook her head. "Not more than I should hate him. And I should leave. Arjun is waiting downstairs." I nodded and let her go. She left and I didn't go after her. What was I supposed to do? I can't stop her. She was my best friend. Her pain was more than my own. If she needed to be alone then there is nothing I can do not when this is best for her.

I cried that night feeling horrible and guilty. Arjun and Zoya tried their best to comfort me, but the comfort had no effect on me as soon as I was alone. I spoke to Hiren for while and told him everything. I was getting ready for bed after dinner and praying when I received a phone call from an unknown number. "Hello?"

"Reyna? Its me." Ibrahim spoke from the other end. I sighed and got angry. I did not have the energy to deal with him right now. "Please don't hang up. Reyna please." I scoffed. "What?!" He sighed. "I need to talk to you. I heard Sheela left so-" I scoffed. "So you heard. Then surely you must know why she did what she did. Or do I have to remind you?" He sighed. "No . Absolutely not." I chuckled. "Good. Please remember. You hurt her Ibrahim. More than anyone in the world." He sighed. "I know. But I did not mean to!" I had to say it, tell her I love -." I cut him off. "Don't say it. Just don't." "But I do love you Reyna!"

"Stop it! Stop it Ibrahim! How can you even say that when you have hurt someone like her?! She left! I don't know when she'll come back or if she's okay, if she will come back, or how do I-". My voice started breaking and tears fell. Ibrahim's voice softened. "Reyna? Hey-." The phone was taken from my hand and I saw Zoya. She spoke to him then . "Do not call her. From now on, just stay away. That's all you need to do." She cut the call. I sighed. This on the whole was draining me.

The week passed soon and finally it was the day that Dev was going to be hanged. I held Zoya as Rakesh was keeping us updated through calls. Arjun had her arms wrapped around him and finally it happened. Rakesh called us when it was done. Zoya cried. She hugged me and then Arjun. It was over. I sighed of relief and Sheela called Zoya. She asked about me and that was enough. We all now felt nothing more than gratitude for each other.