Ch.1 <What Shouldn't Have Happened>

This...

'This wasn't what was suppose to happen'

The only thoughts going through the minds of everyone in this very moment. Some of relief, some of shock and anger. What should have happened was that Chisaki would have had his very arms destroyed and rendered without a quirk. The League should have been more involved, their story should have emerged, but it didn't. 

This time around, some of the heroes were smarter. Extra defense and decoy trucks were sent out. Chisaki was imprisoned and his body whole. However, the causalities of the situation didn't change and it became one of the darkest days in Japan for heroes.

Saying their goodbyes to a dear friend, colleague, and mentor. Finally, wiping away their tears and trudging onward.

Izuku Midoriya, a hero in training at U.A. high school, finally questioned why he had to be the one to have All Might's quirk, how he also felt...no, knew, that All Might could have found someone better and that better someone was now quirkless himself. 

Midoriya felt a pain that he was familiar with once again, a sort of despair that he felt throughout his life that was usually just faint (due to having no quirk). Now, with a quirk, he realizes that there is so much more to being a hero than just having a powerful quirk. After all his training and personalizing his techniques he realized that he still was, in a sense, trying to become a carbon copy of All Might. What was Midoriya's sense of justice? His opinion of heroism? What makes Mirio so much better to be the true successor of One for All?

Midoriya sighs. He was mostly fine thanks to Eri, but emotionally he was distraught. He decided to do something he hadn't for awhile, go home.

------

"Izuku!" Midoriya's mom said in surprise, hugging her child tightly as thought she hadn't seen nor heard from him in years.

"Hey mom, I uh-"

"Honey, I know what happened, this is...is..." Inko seemed to almost be on the verge of being hysterical, looking around as though she could find the words she was trying to say.

"I'm not hurt!" Midoriya said trying to calm down his mother, "I'm fine, actually good as new."

"How?" She replied, still seeming to be a bit shaky.

"It's a long story..." Midoriya said, looking down.

"I have time."

Midoriya sighed and walked in the apartment, sitting on the couch and telling his mother all the events that unfolded.

"That pesky League..." Inko said chewing on her nails and looking down.

"Actually mom, it wasn't them this time." Midoriya said, usually it seems to be the League in some sort of way, always trying to cause the biggest uproar but lately it seemed they were more like a pest than an actual threat.

"I'm just happy you're okay, honey." Inko said, before standing up to make some tea. "Izuku, listen, I know you were safe and everything but-"

"Please don't tell me to leave again, mom." Midoriya said, his voice wavering in fear of being told that he had to leave U.A.

"No, that's not it, surprisingly." Inko said before laughing lightly, "The reason is that you came here with a look as though something had happened."

"I told you about Nighteye..." Midoriya trails off, his face showing a pained expression.

"I know dear, I know how that must have hurt and I don't want to seem rude for saying this but it honestly just seems..." Inko looks up at her son, "It just seems that something else is troubling you too, something that might not be related to this incident."