Root of all Evil

(Me, updating within a week? No, I literally can't. Like ever. I'm sorry I'm annoying, anyways enjoy. P.S. one swear word at the end, but like it's not big so yalla should be okay.)

Dewey's POV

Saturday

I sat up quickly when I heard a loud bang. I looked at my brother's bunks, but no one was there. With a groan, I dragged myself out of bed and out of my room.

I rubbed my eyes as I tried to look for the source of the noise. As I opened my eyes again, I saw Louie falling off the counter.

"Hubert, I told you to help me up, not throw me on the ground!" Louie yelled once he sat up. He rubbed his right arm that he had landed on.

"You know I can't carry anything as heavy as you!" Huey hissed back. They glared at each other, not even noticing my presence.

I shook my head, turning away to go back to my room. "Dewey?" Huey's voice made me stop. I sheepishly turned around, giving an awkward grin.

"Uh, yea?" I fidgeted with my blue sleep shirt. It was a bad habit of mine whenever I got nervous.

"Wow, the wild Dewey finally emerges from our room. It's like 12, Donald left already for work."  Louie stood up, removing the wrinkles from his green hoodie. 

"Ha, hilarious Louie." I rolled my eyes, then proceeded to the kitchen. "What were you two doing anyway?" I opened the cabinet, looking for something to eat. Nothing seemed good though like it had been for the past two days.

"Well before Hubert so rudely dropped me, I was trying to get down those party outfits Uncle Donald banned us from wearing. As if I wouldn't find out he hid them on top of the cabinets." Louie pointed to the top of the cabinets that held the pots and pans. 

"Why do you need party outfits?" I grabbed an apple, tossing it around in my hands. 

"Duh, Gino's birthday party. He invited you then kind of not so nicely invited us since it was the right thing to do, whatever that means. As much as that kid hates my guts, I'm still going to make sure you don't do something idiotic." Huey grinned at me, signaling he was kidding.

"Give me a boost." I glanced at Louie. He nodded, cupping his hands. I put my foot on his hands, and he lifted me up. It was a shaky beam, but it worked. Right before I reached the top of the cabinet, I could feel myself sinking. I looked down, seeing Louie struggling. Huey got besides him, helping him support me. I smiled, then focused on the cabinet again.

The top of these cabinets were dusty and full of spiderwebs. Yet, Louie wasn't wrong, the outfits were here. They were a gift from Peter last year but Uncle Donald said they were too old for us. I grabbed all three of them, then realized;

In what world am I going to get down safely? 

"So, what do I do now?" I dropped the outfits below me, barely missing Louie. 

"Watch it! And uh, maybe jump down?" Louie suggested, giving a little shrug.

"Wait n-" Huey started, but it was too late. I jumped off their hands, watching the ground come closer. My left leg landed fine, but my right leg landed awkwardly, causing me to be off-balanced. I wobbled for half a second, then landed on the ground behind me. 

"Dewey! Are you okay, that was an incredibly irresponsible thing to do!" Huey pulled me up quickly, not giving me a second to breathe.

"I'm good Huey, also it was Louie's idea so it's his fault." I smiled slyly at my little brother's direction. He shook his head in disapproval, then reached for our outfits.