Take Off

(This story does skip around years a lot. Why? Because something eventful doesn't happen every second, and when they are younger, not many things can happen. Now the boys and Webby are 10 and are in 5th grade. Hope you enjoy!)

2 Years Later

Dewey's POV

"Come on Dewey, catch up!" Webby raced ahead of me, Huey, and Louie. I chased after her, only managing to stay next to her for a few steps. Then she bolted ahead again, leaving me behind in her dust. I slowed down and walked next to Huey, who was just shaking his head.

"You're going to get hurt one day trying to chase after her. Have you not learned she wins every time?" Huey asked. He wasn't wrong; Webby always won, no matter what it took.

"Maybe she always wins, but it's still fun. Life would be boring trying to not beat her." I shrugged, smiling at Webby, who was almost at the school. Louie was walking behind us, slower than usual. "You good Louie?" I walked backward, watching him.

"Yea, yea, my legs just really hurt for some reason. Probably just sore." Louie shrugged, only glancing up from his phone for a second. I turned back around, sighing a little as the school got closer and closer.

"Is it Friday yet?" I asked to no one in particular.

"Nope, it's only Wednesday. Come on, I don't want to be late." Huey started to walk faster. I stayed behind with Louie, not minding the slower pace.

Once Louie and I got into the school, we saw Huey and Webby standing in the office in front of Mr. Wings, and an older male hummingbird. Huey waved us over, so Louie and I headed over, confused looks on our faces.

"Ah, boys, so nice for you to join us. I just need Dewford and Webbigail, but you two can make introductions then head to class." Mr. Wings smiled at me. Huey turned to look at me, his eyes in slits. I shrugged, not knowing what I did.

"Anyways, I'd like you all to meet Violet Sabrewing." A young hummingbird stepped out from behind her father, I think. He had black hair and violet skin. He didn't smile, just looked over each one of us slowly. "Violet, this is Webbigail Vanderquack, Hubert Duck, Dewford Duck, and Llewellyn Duck." Mr. Wings gestured to each one of us.

"Are you sure... the girl and whichever boy can show my daughter around? It's her first time in a public school and usually, they have a credible teacher show my daughter around." The older hummingbird asked. Webby and I glanced at each other. I'm pretty sure between the two of us, we can show one girl around.

"Yes, Dewey here," Mr. Wings put his right arm around me and pulled me closer to him. I nearly squeaked, but I kept my beak shut. "just moved in about three years ago. He went through the process and Webbigail was the one who showed him around. I promise your daughter is in safe hands." Violet stared at me for an uncomfortable amount of time, so I tried to look anywhere but her.

"Ok then, Violet make sure you are polite and try to make friends." Mr. Sabrewing, I'm guessing, gave Violet a pat on her head, then walked out of the office.

"Ok, Huey and Louie, you two can head to class. Webbigail and Dewey, please show Violet around. She has her schedule already." Mr. Wings smiled at us, then walked away. We all stood and stared at each other, waiting for someone to make the first move.

"So uh, can we see your schedule?" Webby asked. Violet just handed to Webby, and I looked over Webby's shoulder to see. It seemed to be like Webby's schedule, which I guess was good. It was hard moving into a new school and not having any friends.

"Let's get started then." Violet said, starting to walk towards the doors that led to the hallway. Webby and I glanced at each other, then followed her. She seemed to act like she already knew the whole place.