The Hard Way

(Last chapter in Dewey's POV for a little while! It was kind of hard to tell this part of this story from the other two's POVs, so you got stuck with Dewey. Anyways, hope everyone enjoys this!)

Dewey's POV

"What was the right thing to do, Dewey?" I turned around quickly, nearly giving myself whiplash. Webby stood there, her face bright. She looked at Violet and her expression immediately changed. "Violet, what's wrong?"

"Is it true, Webby? Are you just being friends with me so I don't feel left out?" Violet's voice was harsh. Her eyes were down in slits. Now I was standing in between my best friend and a hummingbird who wants to kill her... and I have a small feeling that this isn't going to end well.

"What? No! I would never! Why would you even think that?" Webby took a step back, her eyes wide. She was still slowly shaking her head. I started to back up, not wanting to be in the middle of this fight.

"Don't act like I'm more stupid than you already think." Violet hissed at Webby. Webby took another step back. She was looking between me and Violet, trying to figure this out in her head.

Around us, everyone was quieting down, their attention turning to all three of us. I glanced around, receiving some awkward stares. Ok, maybe I didn't think through the part where we were in front of a huge crowd of people. This could completely ruin Violet's reputation!

"I don't think you're stupid! You're my best friend, why would I ever say something like that?" Webby tried to reach for Violet's arm, but Violet pulled away, visible hurt in her eyes.

"Oh, I don't know, why don't you ask Dewey!" Violet's finger pointed straight at me. Webby's confused face turned toward me.

"What does she mean? What happened?" Webby kept looking at me, then Violet, back and forth between us. Violet stared at me, her eyes trained on mine.

"Oh, uh..." I slowly started to back away. I couldn't let Webby see my phone, so... my best plan was to retreat.

As I was backing away, I hit someone. I turned around, my eyes widening as Huey and Louie glared at me.

"Dewey! Look where you're going!" Louie hissed at me. I gaped at them, then I felt my phone being grabbed from my hand. I whipped around, nearly smacking into Webby. She stared at me, then looked down at my phone. I watched as the screen turned on and she typed in my password. I told her it, of course, I always told her anything. Passwords, feelings, likes, dislikes, everything. Starting to realize that might've not been the best choice...

I could see out of the corner of my eyes Huey and Louie coming up on my right. I looked at them, then to Violet, back and forth, over and over again, till I finally looked at Webby. She was reading them... I could tell. Her eyes slowly widened, her beak dropping open.

"I... I didn't..." Webby stuttered. She kept staring at my phone, seeming to keep reading the same sentences over and over again. I really wish the floor would disappear underneath me, that would be really nice right now.

Time seemed to slow down as Webby finally looked up from my phone. Slowly, her expression of shock turned into anger. Her eyebrows came down, her eyes turned into slits, and her usually happy grin turned into a scowl.

"You... LIED. YOU MADE THIS IS ALL UP!" Webby took a step forward, causing me to walk backward. But I wasn't coordinated, so I fell, right on the floor. In front of everyone. 

Webby stood above me. I tried to look anywhere but where she was. I could see Huey and Louie, both of their eyes wide and their beaks open. Actually, that was what everyone's expressions were.