Chapter 6

"What on earth are you doing here?" Ava asked, impatiently. "Look, I know it's not the great time to have this conversation, but please hear me out." Ava stood silently to hear. "I know that I made things worse between us. I just don't want to leave school and be sad that I messed it up."
   Ava kept silent. "I know that you and Damon are back again." Ava laughed sarcastically. "So, that's why you came all along? To ask about me and Damon?!"
  "No, of course not!! I just wanted to tell you to be careful when you're around him."
  "Fine! Do you have anything else to say?" Ava asked.
   "Just be careful when you're around Damon."
    Ava opened the door and Maximilian left. She sighed. "Ava, come over here." Ava went back to the dining room. Her father was holding her phone and there was an angry look on his face. "Damon? Seriously?!!" Ava kept listening her father's outbursts and anger at her. She didn't say anything and her father told her that she was grounded.
    It was a Sunday morning. Ava woke up with fast heartbeats. She was dreaming about Maximilian. "Stop it, Ava! He hurt you a lot. Just stop overthinking about it!" Clearly, she was truly hurt. She grabbed her phone and texted Damon
"Hey! Do you want to come over?"
  "Yeah, sure! I will come by your house tonight."
   Ava put down her phone and slept until the night came. She woke up on Damon's call. She answered him.
"Hey! I'm here. Do you want me to come over by opening the door or by the window?"
  "I will open the window for you."
  Ava went to the window and opened it. Damon jumped upwards. He was in her room.