Chapter 5

"YOU WHAT?!!!!!" Charlotte screamed when Ava told her about Damon. "Nothing happened!!! Ok? We just made out, that's all."
  "Do your parents know that you were with Damon?"
"No because they never asked. Besides when the right time comes, I will tell them."
  "OF ALL THE STUPID THINGS, AVA!!! THIS ONE IS THE WORST!! DAMON CAN'T BE TRUSTED!"
  Ava and Charlotte were sitting on a bench as they skipped school.
   "Why did you meet Damon?"
"I don't know, Charlotte. I'm confused. It's just..." She stopped talking as she didn't want to admit that Damon gave her everything she needed, but Maximilian treated her like trash. "Charlotte, Damon treats me better than Maximilian. I've got to admit, though I don't think I need Maximilian anymore."
  "Oh really? And how will Damon be better than Maximilian, who is by the way any girl's dream guy?"
   "We all have our own flaws, but his flaws are just making me feel like garbage. Even though Damon is bad, but he's got something that makes him good person in someway."
   Charlotte took her sandwich and started walking away from Ava, but she ran after her.
   Damon was walking with his gang in the school and was looking for Ava, but he found out that she skipped school. A crazy idea popped up in his head. "Guys, I can't meet you tonight. I have something important to do."
  "Let me guess, visiting Ava?" One of the guys chuckled. The entire group laughed hysterically. "If you're going to make up another joke, I'm going to punch you, do you understand?" Damon threatened, in a dark tone. Damon was just as confused as Ava, but he liked her and he won't try hiding it.
   Ava went home at 3 PM as she was hungry. She knocked on the door and her father opened up. He wasn't happy, though. Christy got used to his grumpy face, so she said hello and ran upstairs.
    I can't stop thinking about him. Am I falling for the devil? Ava thought to herself. Suddenly, Damon called her.
  "Hey, Ava! Can you open the window for me?"
  "Yeah, sure." Ava was reluctant at first, but she opened her window. She saw Damon, looking at her desperately.  Then, he jumped and reached her room. "I need to tell you something, Ava."
"What?"
"I like you, Ava. I like you more than anything else. It's just I know that you won't forget what I had done, but if I could just go back in time to stop that mess, I would have done it already."
    Ava stared in Damon's eyes in disbelief. She couldn't believe what she had heard. Then, her dad knocked on the door, so Damon went down, so Ava wouldn't be in trouble with her father.
    Her dad opened up, so she went downstairs with him for lunch. She controlled herself barely from jumping up and down from happiness.
    Meanwhile, Maximilian was trying to type a text to reconnect with Ava. He knew that he messed up everything, so he told himself that she wouldn't reject him, hopefully. He sent her a text, telling her that he missed her as hell and that he wanted to talk again with her as soon as she has time.
   Ava and her parents were completely silent. Ava didn't care that much anyway. However, her father was staring in her eyes to find out the mysterious joy she felt. He knew it wasn't because she went back home, but there was someone who gave her what she needed to be that happy.
   "Why are you smiling?"
"It's nothing! It's just my maths exam was cancelled this week, so I'm very relieved."
  "Are you sure that there's nothing else besides that?"
   "No, there's nothing else."
Her father was silent, but Ava feared that he would figure everything out as soon as possible. She reminded herself to ignore her father's questions and be calm for the rest of the day. Then, the bell door rang.
   "I will open it." Ava said. Ava got up to see who came.
  "Ava, can we talk now?" Maximilian asked.