Newt Imagine:

Your P.O.V:
Today would be yours and Newts one year anniversary. You've been in the Glade/Maze A year now. Yup he asked you out the first day you got there. (He didn't want Gally Trying to get Ya😏)
When you woke up Newt wasn't lying next to your, or cuddled against you like usual, "He must have went to breakfast early." You thought to yourself. So you got up and dressed and made your way to breakfast.. Still no Newt.

"Hey Tommy, where's Newt?" You ask sliding into the seat next to him.

"Oh Hey Y/N, I think Alby needed him for something." Thomas explained as Chuck giggled. Thomas gave Chuck a stern look. "Slim it!"
"Okay, okay." Chuck muttered.
'Weird..' You thought.
"Well I'll catch you shanks later." You said getting up and leaving to go to the map room.

"Hey Minho." You greeted your keeper once you got there.
"Y/N. I didn't think you were coming today since its yours and Newts Anniversary." He said raising an eyebrow.
"I can get the day off for that?" You ask shocked.
"Well sense I know that shank enough, sure." He said and smiled as he saw you beam.
"Thank you!" You hugged him tight and left to find something to do until Newt was done with whatever he was doing.

That turned out to be hard seeing that it had been all day and he hasn't shown! You walked everywhere you could think of, bothered everybody, and even helped Gally on a Pig pen. Still no Newt.

It was almost time for the doors of the maze to close and Newt hasn't shown. Minho gave you a pat on the back as you sighed.
"Oh cheer up Y/N!" Tommy exclaimed, "I'm sure he's just REALLY busy." He continued with emphasis on the 'Really'.
"Yeah.. I guess." You muttered. Having enough you decided to go to bed.. Nothing else to do! You got up and started to walk there when,
"Y/N wait!" You turn around to see Newt. A little cleaned up from his normal clothes. He walked to you. "I have something to show you."
"Hold on.. Where have you been ALL day?" You snap. "You missed our whole anniversary." You wanted to cry.
"Promise me, love." You said with a small smile. "I think this's will make up for it." He led you into the deadheads far back into a clearing where you didn't even think to look. All around you in trees, the ground, rocks, were jars filled with fireflies. It was beautiful. A table set up in the middle that had the best white flowers and some of the best looking food you could think of.
"It took a while to catch all those little guys." Newt said with a proud smile, it soon faded. "Oh no you haven't said anything.. You hate it!" He looked like he was a bout to cry when you wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed him. "I love it.." You mumbled.
He led you to the table and even pulled your chair out for you. You both had a wonderful night which concluded with the both of you sleeping under the stars. 💋💎