chapter 7

SOUL DIAMONDS

Soul diamonds. Odeon hated them. But he was a fool since his daughter hired an archer to weaken her own daughter. The way it worked was simple, on normal creatures, just a drop was enough to kill them.

The soul diamond of an eternal was their life force. Practically the only known way to kill them. By taking it out and melting the diamond by using hells fire and coating weapons with them.

Externals were ancient. They weren't on the verge of extinction but close to the point where most hid themselves for not just weapons but magic potions and darkness could be made out of their soul diamond.

The only way a soul diamond stays in the body and can't be used even if removed is when the eternal themselves are corrupted.

Uruloki's eyes widened in fear as she saw the monstrous body rushing towards her. How was she going to fight it?

She felt her demon tug on her from the inside. "Let me. Just let me." Uru begged. The only thing that ever affected her was that soul diamond. Even silver- which affected most of the supernaturals had no effect on her but that cursed soul diamond.

It made her demon scream, made her demon more restless. She jumped as his hand came, missing her slightly. The fight wasn't a fair one.

She held out her sword in a shaking manner. Everyone fell at some point and a 10 year old was no exception. She held up her sword.

Lighting it. Her demon wasn't really helping matters. Tugging at her more and more. "Let me-" her demon spoke in a soft relaxing voice "help you-" and she slumped.

Her grandfather stopped, corcking his head to the side. "Hu? Hu?" He asked looking at her small body. "Wait wait" he said, his voice doubled. "You can't die on me now" he said using his large pinky to poke at her small frame.

It seemed that he triggered something as light emitted from her body. It seemed like souls sourounded her body and her eyes and mouth shone flame gold and she levitate.

"Finally." Her grandfather said watching her transformation. In front of him stood a 20 or 18ft beast with horns glowing red. Smoke coming from the beast that replaced Uruloki. "I believe your name is Uru" he spoke, his voice steady.

"Grand-grand father-" the double voice came with steam of burning fire coming from its mouth. "Now I could beat you to a pulp" he said with a growl, grabbing her by the head and slamming her onto the floor causing it to crack.

She groaned. Her horn going longer, a loud growl. She couldn't see clearly, all she could see was the back of her demon in her head and she could see through her eyes.

"Show me!" He screamed throwing her making her smash into trees.

She groaned growling, getting up and charging towards him. "I will!" She growled.

She was just a child! The size of her demon even proved it!

She growled in from anger. A strong scent hit her heightened senses. The smell of rotten sea. She looked over to one of the trees that wasn't demolished by her impact and there, a girl with a bow and arrow stood perched on it.