Prologue Part 1

Mosskit felt so cold. Her paws, ears, and nose were numb. She could barly see the hole where her mother, Bluefur, had put her brother and sister, Stonekit and Mistykit.

Soon she felt the hard snow underneath her paws again. Mosskit wiggled her way over to her siblings, trying to get warm. She didn't understand why they were still playing the game where they get away from their clanmates in this blizzard. She was cold, hungry, tired, and wanted to go home to her warm nest in the nursery.

Suddenly Stonekit was lifted into the air and carried away leaving an open spot where freezing air hit Mosskit full on. Even though the hole made most of the weather stay out it didn't keep it all out. Shivering Mosskit layed down as Mistykit was picked up and taken to the next hole.

"Hold on Mosskit. I'm coming back for you next. Don't go to sleep," a voice begged. She thought it sounded vaugaly like her mother's, but she was couldn't tell because of the howling wind.

Every time Mosskit closed her eyes she found the darkness more and more inviting. And every time the darkness stayed longer. Until finally all she saw was black.

The wind had died down and she could feel her paws, ears, and nose, but she was still fridged. Mosskit opened her eyes and saw stars. All around her stars glemmed and twinkled. One star was brighter then them all. A white she-cat with gray ear tips slowly repalced the shining light.

"Hello Mosskit, my names Snowfur," the white she-cat said.

Mosskit's eyes widened. She knew who this cat was, it was her mother's dead sister who got hit by a monster. "Am I dead?" She whispered.

Snowfur smiled sadly,"Yes, my sweet, but I will take care of you untill Bluefur comes to join us."

"Can I at least say good-bye to my mother," Mosskit asked.

"Of course," and with that said Snowfur touched noses with the kit.

After a blinding flash Mosskit opened her eyes to a snow streaked forest. By a hole she saw a blueish gray she-cat crouched down besides a pale gray and white kit.

Mosskit let out a gasp. That was her! It took all her courge to stay there instead of running as far away from that place as she could.

In a timid voice Mosskit squeaked "Bluefur?

Bluefur's head snapped up at the sound of the tiny cat."Mosskit, I'm so sorry, I never should've brought you out here. But then I had no chose. I couldn't let Thistleclaw take control of Thunderclan." Her voice cracked with despair.

"I understand,"Mosskit meowed simply,"but I still will miss you."

"Don't worry Bluefur, It was her time. I will take good care of her till you join us." Snowfur gently stated.

Bluefur padded forward touching noses with her youngest kit, until the two starry cats fadded in to the darkness.