12

EVELYN-

Shawn was obviously in a really pissed off mood, like always. But yesterday he was extremely angry and still was from the commotion he caused unnecessarily at midnight.

I had my breakfast and went to shower, I had headache and didn't feel too good. Maybe after a warm shower I would feel better,  I also had chores to do but my body felt like it had no energy.

I grabbed my things and a towel before I headed into the shower. I frowned in confusion as the shower wouldn't start, there was no water coming out at all.

I groaned and then got back into my clothes to go find someone to ask for help. As I stepped out I saw Norm, one of the guards stood at the end of the hall.

"Hey Norm, I need some help. Do you know why there's no water coming out of the shower?" I asked.

"The water supply has stopped downstairs, it's just suddenly stopped. If you want a shower the only place is Sir's room" he says.

"Shawn's room is the only room that has water, but no other bathroom in the house?" I questioned and he nodded.

"That makes no sense" I say and he shrugged.

"Is he home?" I asked and Norm shook his head.

"I don't think he'll mind if you use his shower" he says and I let out a laugh.

"He'll probably throw me off the roof if he found out I used his shower" I scoffed.

"He's gone for a meeting for an hour, so be quick" he say and I nodded as I scurried with my stuff upstairs.

I opened the door into Shawn's room and my jaw almost dropped. His room was huge, monotoned but had hints of blue. But he had huge windows and door that led to a balcony. I was so amazed by his nice room.

I quickly rushed into the bathroom, which was huge and all white marble. I put all of my stuff down and stripped down ready to shower quickly.
__

I finally finished and grabbed my stuff ready to quickly walk back to my room. The minute I stepped out of the bathroom, there was a figure sitting on the bed. I let out a loud scream and everything in my hands dropped.

Shawn was sat on the edge of his bed with his arms crossed looking at me with a deadly glare. "Uh-"

"Who said you could shower in my room?" He asks.

"Uh Norm?" I meekly replied.

"Does he own this place?" He asks and I shook my head.

"I give the orders not him. I make the rules stroking here not him" he snaps.

"My room is off limits, do you understand?" He yells in my face.

"Y-yes" I stuttered.

"Now get out" he says pointing towards the door. I grabbed my stuff and and raced out of that room as fast as possible. I finally reached my room and took a deep breath.

Mental note, don't enter Shawn's no matter who says you can.

I left my room and saw Alec with Shawn walking down. "Hey Alec!" I waved and he smiled.

"Hi Eve, how is my favourite person doing?" He asks.

"I'm fi-"

"We haven't got time for chit chat, Evelyn I need you to bring me cup of coffee up to my office" Shawn says and I raised my eyebrow up at him.

"I'm not your maid"

"Actually you are, thats the only thing your useful for anyway" he spat.

"Oh I'll show you useful" I say as I went to step forward but Alec stepped in between.

"The water isn't even working downstairs-"

"It's working now" Shawn abruptly cuts me off.

"Of course it decides to work now" I say as I rolled my eyes.

"Evelyn, go and make me a coffee or you'll be hanging off the balcony at night" Shawn threatens and Alec gives me a shove towards the kitchen.

"Be sure to spit in his coffee" Alec whispers and I giggled.

Stupid Shawn. Stupid everything.

After I made Shawn's stupid coffee I brought it up to his office. I opened the door and made my way in while they worked with sheets all over the desk. I placed the coffee down, where Shawn pointed too.

I stood there and stared at him waiting to hear a 'thank you'. He looks up at me and I raised my eyebrows at him which only made him look confused.

"You're forgetting to say something" I say as I cross my arms.

"Oh right- Get out" he snaps and I rolled my eyes.

My eyes fell on all the papers with codes and loads of scribbles. "What are you guys doing?" I asked.

"Trying to figure out a code"

"Nothing"

Shawn and Alec say at the same time, I looked at them both in confusion. Shawn let out a groan and glared at Alec who put his hands up in defence.

"Maybe I can help?" I offered.

"Sure"

"No way" they both replied again at the same time,

I took a seat next to Alec anyway and looked up at an annoyed Shawn. "So what are we trying to figure out?" I asked.

"What these three numbers mean" Alec says handing me the paper.

"She won't know" Shawn scoffs.

I looked and analysed the numbers. "I actually think I can help" I say.

"Really?" They both say at the same time.

"Each number stands for a letter in the alphabet, if we write all the letters out and number them we will be able to find the code" I explained.

"That is ridiculous" Shawn scoffs taking a sip of his coffee.

"I think she might be on to something" Alec says as he looks at me.

"How would you know this stuff anyway?" Shawn asks.

"I've done a bit of this before for my dad" I say as I cringed at thought of my dad.

"Of course" Shawn says as he rolls his eyes.

"Well give it your best shot princess" he says and I crossed my arms as I gave him a smug look.

I wrote out all of the letters and the numbers before I paired it all together.

"Okay so 25 is the letter Y, 15 is the letter O and then 21 is the letter U..." I explained.

"You?" Shawn says cutting me off before I could finish. He gives Alec a confused but worried look...
*
*
*
A/N: how are you keeping yourself busy this quarantine period?
Drop a 🍕 so I know everyone reading is safe!