33

I was being discharged today from the hospital, I was finally being let free. I stood with Heather who was holding me, while Alec was signing some forms out and nodding his head as the doctor was telling him how to take care of me and my regular checks.

I sighed quietly glancing at the clock just above the front desk. I was desperate for air but this was just taking forever.

"You're all done. Take care Evelyn" the doctor smiled and I gave him a weak smile with a nod while Heather helped me walk all the way down, with Alec trailing behind us with my things.

They both helped me into the car and made sure I was comfortable. I opened the window and enjoyed the cool breeze wafting against my skin. "Evelyn we're getting tacos tonight, is that okay?" Heather asks.

"Perfect" I reply.

"We're getting more than just tacos, we some chips and candy for our movie night" Alec says and Heather laughs.

As they were both talking amongst themselves, I leaned back and closed my eyes trying to relax. I felt lost and exhausted.

Emotionally, physically and mentally exhausted.

Everything has taken a toll on my body and mind that everything was just rumbled up in my head. I know I would be staying with Alec for now, but what was I going to do after.

I had no real plan of what to do with my life. I had no money, no family or a proper place to live but I couldn't rely on Alec and Heather to take care of me forever.

"Welcome to the man-cave and Heather's part time apartment" Alec says and I laughed walking into the apartment.

"Heather stays here some days when she's not working extra long shifts" he explains and I nodded.

"Your place is really nice" I say as I looked around at the retro styled furnished place.

"And your room is the one right down the hall with a donut sticker on it" he says and my eyes widened.

"What?"

"I was super drunk and just stuck stickers everywhere, don't mind if you see random stickers around here" he says casually and I let out a laugh.

"I hope you enjoy your stay here. We are normally busy so you'll have the place to yourself to enjoy and relax, we will be out of the way" he says and I smiled.

"I'll be on time for dinner everyday" he says.

"I can cook-"

"Absolutely not. You will not move a muscle, Heather will cook or I'll order takeout" he says.

"Excuse me?" Heather says.

"I mean- I will cook if heather is not home. No eating junk food" he says shaking his head with a sneaky grin.

I let out a laugh before Alec guided me too the room that I was going to be staying in. I went straight to the bed and flopped on to it before letting out a loud sigh.

I lifted my head up to see the huge window looking over the city. It was really nice, I think I could watch the view forever.

"Come get some dinner" Alec yelled and I pulled myself up and walking into the kitchen, the smell of delicious tacos hitting my nose. I took my seat opposite them and thanked Heather as she gave me my food.
-

"So we dated in high school for three years but then took a break during college" Alec explained.

"But then near the end of college we tried again but just had so many problems so we called it off again" Heather added.

"Then Heather moved away and we eventually lost touch for years" Alec says.

"Then we met again a few months ago and just hit it off" She smiles at him.

"It was the case of the right person and wrong time, but now it's finally the right time" He says and my heart warmed looking at them two.

"I'm glad you guys are together now, so adorable" I giggled.

"You're our part-time child until we actually have some" Heather says and I smiled.

"How about some siblings Eve? We could make you a big sister by next year" Alec joked and Heather smacked his arm.

"No kids just yet" She confirms.

"But when we are ready, we won't be stopping" Alec says and she shook her head.

"I am sorry Evelyn, he has no control" she says and I laughed.

Dinner was fun and it felt like a homey vibe being around people and eating with them. We then watched a movie but ended up talking the whole time really.

"Bedtime eve" Alec says as we all got off the couch.

I trailed to the room and changed into some comfortable pyjamas before getting into bed and under the covers. Alec walked in with a glass of water and a blue coloured pill placing it on the bedside table.

"I'm down the hall of you need me but you might want some headphones" he says and I looked up at him in confusion.

"Come to me after 3am if you need me" he smirked before closing the door.

Headphones? What was he- Oh.

I just realised as I heard a door slam and Heathers giggling.

Oh.

He really wasn't kidding about making babies.

I let out a small chuckle once I realised what he meant and then took my medication. I let out a deep sigh and laid back, letting the plush pillows swallow me up.

My eyes closed and for the first time in weeks I finally was going to have a good sleep...
*
*
*
A/N: I'm having such a bad day. My teacher is making me re-do a 4000 word essay because my one was shit. I just want to cry because it took me hours to do :/ I am exhausted.

But how is your day?

Drop a "✏️" if you're well and safe.

Please wear masks!