40

"This is a bit short" I say holding up the white dress.

"I mean you have a nice ass, might as well flaunt it" Heather winks while applying her lipstick.

My costume was an angel, which was a little cliche but it's all Heather could get me on a last minutes notice. Not that I minded, it was cute but kinda revealing. Stuff that school girls would wear to frat parties or something.

Heather did my hair and makeup before I slipped into the white dress and pulled up the white knee high boots. I pulled on the wings and then looked at myself in the mirror.

"Don't forget your halo" Heather quickly says placing it on my head for me.

"You looks so pretty!" She says and I smiled.

"Thank you" I say before I left her to get ready and I went to help Alex set up.

Heather and Alec's couple costume was Marge and Homer Simpson. It fit perfectly considering Heather actually dyed her hair blue.

"What do you want me do?" I asked Alec who turned around. I let out a laugh seeing his bright yellow face and his shirt stuffed with a pillow up it.

"Save it. Just hang these up in the hall" he says and I nodded carrying a bag full of decorations to hang up. I clipped all the little ghosts up and then added some of the fake web across the place.

I then went to check on my cookies and I laid the trays of them on the counter, next to the spooky cocktails Heather made this morning.

"What do you think?" I hear Heather's voice making me look up.

"I love it! You two need a couples picture" I say as Heather handed me her phone. I took a cute picture of them and then I took a selfie with them before we got everything set up.

"I'm so excited for the party to start, let's all take a shot beforehand" Heather says handing me a shot glass. Alec poured some tequila into the glasses and we all took a shot. That was the first time I've ever taken a shot, I started coughing and spitting it out while some of it burned my throat.

"Looks like you need some practice" Alec jokes while I quickly drank some water.

"I don't think I'll be having anymore" I say and Heather laughed.
-

As time went on, guests started arriving, music was playing and lights dimmed down. The vibe was amazing, everyone was carefree and having fun, I got to know some of Heather's friends.

I spent most of my time looking out for Shawn but he hadn't appeared yet. I made my way into the kitchen to get myself a cookie.

"A real life Angel? Am I in heaven?" I heard a voice making me turn to see a blonde guy dressed as a surgeon next to me.

"I'm Steven" he says extending his hand out for me.

"Evelyn" I replied politely as I shook his hand. I glanced over his shoulder seeing Heather stood there giving me two thumbs up.

Oh so she sent him to me?

"I work with Heather and you live with her?" He asks and I nodded.

"You have really nice eyes" he says and I smiled.

"Thank you" I say awkwardly because I've barley interacted with guys.

"Evelyn?" I heard my name and suddenly relief flushed through me.

I turned to see Shawn walking, all dressed in black but he had some devil horns on. I didn't want to admit this, but he actually looked really good.