Chapter 8: What is your quirk anyway?

Originally Posted: April 2020 (exact date unknown)

Edited: March 31, 2021

~

Everyone had written down who they wanted on slips of paper. I didn't know who I wanted to vote for, so I chose Yaoyorozu, as she seemed to know what she was doing— especially when we were breaking down everyone's performances during the battle trials.

Iida collected the votes, and tallied them up on the board. He looked somewhat upset.

"How did I get three votes?!?" Midoriya cried.

"Okay idiots, who voted for him?" Bakugo growled.

"What? Did you honestly think anyone was going to vote for you?" Sero laughed.

Bakugo looked like he was about to blow a fuse, and began ranting, getting in Sero's face. Uraraka tried to ignore everything going on around her, whistling to herself as she pretended not to have heard anything.

Maybe she voted for Midoriya.

I scanned the list. Something caught my eye. "Who voted for me?"

"What, you didn't vote for yourself?" Kaminari asked.

"No. I voted for Yaoyorozu." I looked around. No one spoke up.

As curious as I was, I didn't feel the need to investigate, so I didn't dig into it. As I looked around, I did manage to catch Yaoyorozu's eyes, and she smiled at me. I guess she had heard me. I looked away quickly, and out of the corner of my eye I saw her smile fall. Had I hurt her feelings?

"Zero votes..." I felt bad for Iida. He gave his vote to someone else —Midoriya, I presume— and no one voted for him. "I can't argue with the system I chose..."

Yaoyorozu noted, "So you voted for someone else, huh?"

"But you knew it was best to vote for yourself, right? What were you trying to prove here Iida?" Sato questioned.

"Alright, the class rep is Midoriya. Deputy is Yaoyorozu," Mr. Aizawa announced.

"R-really? T-there's not a mistake?" The poor boy was shaking.

Yaoyorozu sighed. "How'd this happen..."

Everyone except Midoriya, Bakugo, and Iida seemed content with the result.

The rest of the morning passed in the blink of an eye. I was rushing to pack up for lunch, hoping that I might be able to escape eating with Todoroki. Sure, I was the one to suddenly extend the invitation, but I had thought it over, and decided that it might not be the best idea to—

"Where are you going in such a rush, (L/N)?"

Caught. I guess it's only fair... since I was the one about to ditch him. But...

"Nowhere. I was just... excited to hang out with you."

"I see. Why were you leaving without me then?"

"Sorry. Is it okay if..."

"Close relationships aren't bad things."

"If what?" He tilted his head, waiting patiently.

"Never mind. Let's go eat." We exited the classroom, heading down to the cafeteria to pick up food at Lunch Rush, and then sat down at the edge of a table across from each other. We sat in silence, Todoroki eating his cold soba, and me eating my rice and (F/F). (If your favourite food is something like ice cream, you could always just consider a food that can be paired with rice. Or maybe you just like eating them together anyways. I'm not hatin')