Late Night Thoughts

"Detective?"

"Mmfhmm"

"Detective...are you awake?" Lucifer whispered.

Chloe groaned, stirring from under her ball of blankets. 

"No. Why?" She deadpanned. 

Lucifer, who was laying on his back and staring up at the ceiling, his hands folded over his stomach, took a deep breath and asked with the utmost seriousness, "If a guinea pig and a normal pig reproduced, would it still be called a guinea pig or piggier Guinea pig?"

There was a moment of silence until Chloe aggressively rolled herself over in her tight blanket-cocoon to face him, muttering under her breath. In her shuffle, she glanced at the alarm clock on the nightstand that read in big red numbers: 3:04 a.m.

She huffed into the space between them and grumbled, "If you and I had a baby, er...reproduced," she emphasized his word dramatically, "would it get my looks and your late night thoughts, or your sexy, Luciferness and my late-night murder thoughts?"

Lucifer blushed, very grateful that the room was dark and his sleepy partner couldn't see him. 

"I...ah..." He stammered through his confusion. On top of that, he was horrified by her very unexpected response to the pressing question that was preventing him from drifting off to sleep, and the fact that she was wondering what a possible mixture of their genetic codes would be like.

"How do you want me to answer that?"

Chloe leaned forward, keeping the blankets in her grasp as she moved. A small, adoring smile pulling at her lips. She placed a tiny kiss on Lucifer's cheek and whispered, "Go to sleep babe."

Lucifer's cheeks flushed a deep scarlet now, making his face feel very hot. 

His brain still failed to come up with a coherent answer to her question, much less her dramatic change in emotion. Somehow, he produced a dazed, "Okay," and turned on his side and closed his eyes. 

But SERIOUSLY? What would that offspring be called? 

Hello all! Sorry I haven't posted much lately; I've been working on a few side projects :). I came up with ideas for a couple of really short-one shots. They probably aren't that good, but for the past week, I have desperately needed a laugh, so I thought I'd just write a couple (maybe) funny blurbs. They might not be literary/grammatical gold, but I hope you guys have as much fun reading them as I did writing them. 

I hope you all have been staying healthy. Also, for those of you in the Southeastern United States who were affected by the tornadoes this weekend and are reading this, you're in my thoughts and prayers. With all of this pandemic craziness, the last thing we need are natural disasters. I have faith that we'll get through this together, just listen to your country's/state's officials and stay at home as much as you can. 

Sending love and hugs

-moonlight_1201