When Lucifer Met Chloe A.U.

Deckerstar inserted into the classic RomCom When Harry Met Sally. Will be using lines from both the show and the movie with a sprinkle of my last two brain cells. 

At the University of San Diego in the year 2004, Chloe Decker had just received her bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice. She had packed up the back of her Grand Cherokee and pictured in her mind the road back to Los Angeles as her entire future in front of her. 

She hugged friends good bye and took one last lap around the campus that had been her home for the last three years. She wished she could have spent four years here, but the decision to go to college happened later for her than it does for average students. 

Chloe found her roommate and best friend, Eve, in the quad near where Chloe had parked. She was supposed to be heading back to her home town today just hours after Chloe planned to leave for L.A.. It seemed, however, that the home town and Chloe would have to wait for Eve, as someone else currently captivated all of her attention. 

Chloe stood in front of her car uncomfortably while she waited for Eve and her boyfriend to stop french kissing. This must be the mysterious Mr. Tall-Dark-and-Handsome Eve had been head over heels for this past year. Chloe had never met him, but Eve loved to describe him in way too much detail (and not the more important characteristics either). 

This boy seemed to be all of those things: tall (he seemed taller than the average male already, which just made Eve look much shorter than she actually is. He had to bend over quiet a bit to make out with her), dark (Chloe had never seen hair as dark as his before, it match perfectly with his black ensemble of black jeans and leather jacket), and handsome (sure, he was very attractive, but he was probably just another college pig who saw girls only as another notch in his bed-post).

Eve's eyes flickered open for a second, but her attention diverted when she saw Chloe fidgeting with her keys a few feet away. 

"Oh! Chloe! Hey!" She called, trying to push Tall-Dark-and-Handsome's body away slightly while she acknowledged Chloe. 

Chloe nodded as a greeting while Eve turned back to her boyfriend, seemingly asking him to give them a minute. Eventually, he obliged, but not without one last disgusting tongue dance and way too much touching for being in public (at least by Chloe's personal standards). 

She ran over to Chloe, her red blouse flowing in the breeze, and a beaming smile on her face.

Chloe felt slightly uncomfortable between the boyfriend's expensive outfit and Eve's dressy ensemble. She had thrown on her favorite NSYNC t-shrit, a faded bare of flared blue jeans, and doc martins, her hair pulled back into a half-ponytail.

"Hey!" Eve shrieked, jumping into Chloe's arms. Chloe stumbled in surprise for a minute, but eventually wrapped her arms around her best friend, and they held each other there for a while. 

Eve cried, "I'm going to miss you so much!"

"You're just gonna have to find your way to L.A. when you've got the chance." Chloe consoled her. 

Eve let her go, but still lightly held on to Chloe's forearms. "Please, drive safely, and call me when you get home."

Chloe smiled, grateful for her friend's concern. Lord knows her mother wasn't this sincere on the phone this morning. 

"I will," Chloe replied. 

After a moment, a look of realization flickered on Eve's face after she glanced back at her boyfriend. 

"Oh! I forgot to ask you yesterday. Lucifer's going to L.A. too, and he said that he might need a ride. I'm headed in the opposite direction so I can't take him. Would you mind giving him a lift?"