Arts

"Newt, quick!"

Theseus awaited a nice white shirt from his brother. It was the day of Dakota's gig and he didn't have any half-sleeved white shirts in his possession.

"Hold on, I'm looking for it" Newt searched his cupboard, "Boy, you must like Dakota, huh".

"Shut up" Theseus rolled his eyes, "We're just friends. Anyway, how are things with Tina?"

"Wonderful" Newt was transported to a parallel world, "We told each other that we loved the other".

"That's no surprise. You've been courting for five months" Theseus shrugged.

"Of course, but half the time we were at war. The other half went through with Queenie's wedding and the big move. We really didn't get a chance" Newt said.

"So buddy, when's the wedding?" Theseus teased.

"Actually, I'm not so sure. But we are going out on our very first date. It's at eight o clock and Tina's planning it" Newt jumped up excitedly like a child, "I can't wait".

"Tina is planning it?" Theseus asked.

"Yeah. Or at least I think so she is" Newt shrugged, "Either way it's going to be a fun time".

"Interesting. Tell me how it plays out" Theseus said.

"You too. Dakota seems nice and interesting" Newt shot his brother a knowing look.

"Look, I'm just invited as a friend. Nothing more, nothing less" Theseus said, "I don't want this whole relationship mess to put our friendship in jeopardy. This is the first time I ever had a friend".

"Tina and I started out as friends. . " Newt smirked, "Look where it got us".

"I can't believe that I'm learning love lessons from my little brother. I can't believe I've sunk so low" Theseus said.

Newt punched his brother's shoulder, "Yeah, right".

"Look, things are complicated now. I just don't want to do something so quickly. I've learnt my lesson from Darla" Theseus said.

"I thought you liked her. Are you still courting?"

"I don't think so. She hadn't sent any letters to me" Theseus said, "Oh well, I guess it's a thing of the past now".

It was nearly seven. Theseus borrowed Newt's white shirt and rushed to the Leaky Cauldron in a frenzy. He was a mess. His hair was lopsided and he had used a lot of hairspray that bullies would've called him a greaseball.

Dakota and her band were tuning their guitars. A small crowd was gathered.

"Scamander" Dakota spotted Theseus, "You came".

"Of course I'd come" Theseus said.

Theseus observed her face. She had very little makeup on, but there were some tear marks which were prominent, as if she had been crying before he came.

"Are you quite alright?"

"I'm fine. Go take a seat" Dakota suggested, rubbing her eyes, "Just peaky".

"Alright everyone!" The manager of the pub, Mags announced, "Let's give it up for Spellbound!"

A thunderous applause broke out. Dakota geared up. She gave a nod to the lead singer.

"All right, what's going on, Leaky Cauldron?!" Dakota screamed at the bewitched microphone, "One. . Two. . One. . Two. . Three!"

The band broke into an instrumental with Dakota steering her guitar around. The lead singer began a rock song, involving a lot of oohs and aahs from the audience.