Anon

Newt and Tina's first date was going well. They had talked about a lot of things and they had even arrived at a point where they couldn't talk about anything more.

Soon, their date ended with a nice walk.

"You really love me?" Newt asked, still in disbelief. He wasn't used to people loving him unless they wanted something from him.

"I do" Tina turned quite red since her statement could be interpreted in different senses, "I mean. . Of course".

"Seriously?"

"Newt. Would I give up someone so kind and caring? Nobody in their right mind would do that" Tina said, "It took me a few months to say yes, but all along, I sort of knew".

"Knew what?"

Tina leaned in and pressed a kiss onto Newt's lips. She broke out into a watery smile, caring not to sniff so loudly.

"I've never been a person who'd get into a relationship" Tina folded her arms, resting her head on Newt's shoulder, "I've always been one of those stiff backed people".

"And I've always been too loosely packed and quite . . . weird for a grown man like me" Newt confessed.

"Newt. You aren't weird. The rest of the world isn't unique" Tina ruffled his hair, "You have a new way of seeing things, a perspective if you will".

"You know, I never really expected us to be together" Newt grinned, "I mean, you're uptight, logical and wonderful and I'm . . imaginative, liberal and . . freaky".

"That's what makes us different from all the others" Tina gave him a sign of assurance, "We prove that we don't need to share common ground to fall in love".

"You're right"

"I always am".

"Hmm, you aren't quite modest though" Newt teased.

"Hey, I want to get some credit" Tina gave him a playful nudge, "Anyway, who's getting cold feet now?"

"I'm not getting cold feet" Newt shrugged, "I just wondered why you'd choose me out of all those handsome, muscular, masculine, professional men out there".

"Because you're different" Tina said, "You aren't like most people. And don't tell me that you aren't strong and handsome".

"What? I am not that pretty compared to Theseus" Newt said.

"Newt! You literally have thousands of fans falling over you!" Tina said, "Some of them will eagerly stand in a line just to meet you!"

"How would I know?" Newt said, "I only have eyes for you".

"I'm home, Queenie" Tina couldn't keep that smile off her face. She had such a great time with Newt that she felt that she was high on adrenaline and caffeine mixed together.

"In here!" Queenie's voice directed her.

"How are you feeling?" Tina asked.

"Oh I'm fine. My stomach's feeling quite big" Queenie placed a caring hand.

"Where's Jacob?"

"Running errands".

"At this time? It's close to midnight!"

"I know. Isn't he sweet?" Queenie smiled, the first time in weeks, "Anyway, he's getting some meds".

"Good. Would you like me to make you some soup?" Tina asked.

"Thanks Teen, but I just had dinner" Queenie declined, "And one more thing, you have a letter".

Tina was quite surprised. She half expected the Auror team to get back to her but instead it wasn't exactly what she expected it to be.