Chapter 6

As he slammed the rustic white door behind him after coming back from a day of 'hard' lessons, he slumped up to his room and dropped his bag noisily on the floor. He went on to planning the next death and updating himself on the latest finds on the murder. He watched the news on his phone.

"There has been no important finds on the case of the murder that has recently happened last week," the bald reporter said. "The murder which involves sixteen-year-old Sean O'Larry being the victim that is. Police are struggling to find clues that might lead to the murderer. However, after hours of investigating, nothing has been found out. Absolutely. Nothing."

"Here is the press conference which is being held live, where Chief of Police, Chief Conan, will bring you on the latest updates and what they plan to do."

The screen changed from the news background to a lit room that was supposedly in the New York Police Station. The man (Chief Conan) who sat in the middle of the room was dressed in a neat and crisp police uniform, which was adorned by numerous badges pinned to his uniform, was talking while copious reporters listened, hearing for a chance to change as much of his words as possible and write an article in a magazine the next day with all of the wrong information.

"On the murder case of Sean O'Larry, we have not found any new information concerning this case. But I shall state the information that we have now."

"Sean's house was broken into at night. The footage on the security cameras of the day show that no suspicious person was in the premises of the house. The locks on all the doors have not been tampered with too. The victim's parents have been questioned, and they did not hear any suspicious noises or know that their house was broken into, and I shall quote them directly, 'the house was as quiet as the lone bar in the middle of nowhere.' The neighbours did not hear any skeptical noises too."

"There were no stolen items. When Sean's parents called the police, we headed to the house and investigated. His body was separated from the head and was covered with slash marks, which seem to be done by a long knife. Nothing in the house was moved nor were there any fingerprints that did not belong to the family."

"That is all we have for now, and this man standing to my right," Chief Conan pointing to the man, "is the detective in charge of this case. His name is Detective Flynn Terrick. I will now let him say a very crucial message that all of public should listen to."

Detective Flynn went over to the microphone.

"Hi everyone. I am the detective in charge of this case. And with that matter, I would like to ask the public to cooperate with me and the police force. If you do happen to have any information concerning the case or the murderer, please inform the police or me. This case is one of the most complicated ones in the history of murders. So I must advise you, please do collaborate with the police force and be the Americans that are loyal to the country. And with that, I will end this message. If you have any questions, you can ask now."

The reporters started asking questions, but Blake did not bother to listen. It was just a bunch of crap anyways. He thought about the detective. He seemed smart, but definitely not as smart as him, right?

As he pondered around his measly room, he said to himself, "Well, look here. Detective Flynn Terrick. Think you got the guts and brains to figure me out? Then you're wrong, because my name is Johnson, Blake Johnson, and everyone will remember me as 'the Prodigy', and you would be Terrick, Flynn Terrick, 'the detective who thought he was as smart as the Prodigy and is now fucked up in jail.'"