Chapter 1

COPYRIGHT STATEMENT

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved. No part of this work may be reproduced or used in any manner without the permission from the author. This book is a work of fiction, names, characters, places and incidents are either products of the author's imagination or used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. No part of this publication can be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronical or mechanical, without permission from the author.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Put the gun away, Blake. Put it down on the ground where we can all see it," Detective Terrick said.

"Well, for starters, why don't you get the fuck out of my face?!" Blake hollered.

The air was tense. Blake pondered around. There were a hundred cops, CSI and FBI altogether in the once desolate, moist room. He smirked. He was actually proud of himself. He managed to gather almost a quarter of America's finest defences in the room.

"Come on, Blake. You don't want to end up in the worst jails in America right? Or worse, you won't want to end up in Gitarama in Rwanda, do you?"

Blake shuddered, but he put on a brave face. Everyone knew that Gitarama was the worst. He wondered what would happen if he ended up there, assuming he was caught.

"Wanna try putting me in that hell? Try ashard as you can, 'cause I'll be in Marswhen you track me down!" Blake laughed a laugh so sinister that even Dracula would hide in his cave.

Detective Terrick was fuming with rage; he could not keep his composure.

"Don't make me use force, Blake. You've seen me use force, haven't you?" His voice pierced through the moisture-laden air, full of anger and bitterness.

"Well, it didn't hurt a fly so I think I'm pretty safe."

"You wanna try?"

"We'll see."

And Blake ran to the door at the end of the gigantic room.