Chapter 7

Detective Flynn Terrick walked into his apartment after finding nothing about the murderer. What the hell was he doing wrong? He didn't know. How can a murderer be so careful and precise about every detail. He left nothing behind; no fingerprints, no weapons, no footprints and also no dead skin cells. Everyone has skin, everyone will shed their dead skin cells, even through clothes. How the fuck is this murderer damn fucking smart? And how is he related to Sean O'Larry, who had tons of friends in school and had no enemies known to his other friends and himself?

Flynn found his girlfriend lying on the couch, waiting patiently for him. Scarlett was already very patient, but all Flynn seemed to focus on was his case. That damn case. She wants to be very important in his life, but with this mysterious case, it doesn't seem that she would be any much closer to her goal. She went up to him, stroking his bare chest and kissed him.

"Hey babe, how was work?"

"Awful. How could someone be such a ruthless killer and be so damn smart? I DON'T GET IT!"

"Aww poor Flynn. Oh yeah by the way, Lisa invited us to her full moon party on Sunday. Are you fr-"

"And also how can anyone have no dead skin cells? We all have skin, we all have cells. How about him? Is it possible for someone to design a piece of clothing that has small enough holes to keep all skin cells within the clothing?" Flynn pondered and walked away, retreating to his now bedroom, his work place.

Scarlett tried to pull him back, but he just pushed her away and said, "Not now babe I'm busy."

She shouted at him, "You have been always busy since you got this case! Did you even hear what I said? When will you start caring for me again if this case is never solved?"

"Oh what did you say babe?"

"Just forget it, I'll go myself."

"Umm okay babe. I'll just be in the...room."

He walked away, leaving Scarlett alone in the vacant room. She walked to the couch, tears streaming down her cheek. How could he be this...air headed...about having a girlfriend? She was a human too. She wanted his attention, but she was closer to failing then succeeding. 

She gave up and grabbed her jacket and her purse. 

She called Lisa and said, "Hey Lis, I need a ride to the The Drunk Asses. You free now?"

""Course Glom. I'll pick you up in 5."