Chapter 5:Hope On The Horizon.

Anakin rose from the small, comfortable bed and stared out the enormous, glass windows of his hotel room. Only six miles across from him, he could see the Imperial Palace, where Darth Sidius resided. He could smell that monstor's foul stench even that long of a distance. Somehow, someway, he would repay him for what he'd done. Although he was partly to blame for giving in, it'd been Palpatine who'd tried to trick him, with his cunning ability to lure him in with flattery. His instinctive feeling was to automatically and swiftly assassinate the man who'd almost killed Padme and ruined any future his children might have had.

They would have been like orphans, with one parent deceased and the other a ruthless tyrant, who anyone would be ashamed to have as a father. Not to mention that he'd forced him to do things that deep down he know were wrong; and had succeded in getting him to believe his lies about the Dark Side. He halted the rush of anger that exploded in his head though, and instead remembered something Obi Wan had told him, when he was a Padawan. Be mindful of your thoughts, Anakin. They betray you. 

He knew what the right thing to do was, to put Palpatine on trial for his treason and then he could be executed under the law. If he let his anger control his actions, it wouldn't end well. Plus, it would show that he was still the same pompous, rage-prone, man who had breath-taking issues managing his emotions. How many times in his short life had his bad temper got him into trouble? More than he'd like to bother counting. One with his mother's death and another when he didn't heed Obi Wan's warning not to take Dooku alone, in the pre-Clone Wars time( these were only two examples) He'd come through the fire of that duel with no hand and looking like a complete idiot. So, it was probably safe to presume that if he tried to murder Sidious on his own, he'd come out severely wounded, dead, or having fully proved that he was unchanged; therefore sealing his fate. 

Beside him, Obi Wan began to rise from his bed. After saying good morning to each other, they both rose and hastily put their Jedi robes and boots on. Today was the day that the Judical Department was to carry out their investigation of Order 66. Both Anakin and the Chancellor were on trial for their involvement in the massacre. This, they'd discovered( Obi Wan & Anakin), was the only way for Anakin to be properly judged, as the members of the Jedi Council were extinct. Had they'd even existed, it would have been promptly dissolved by Sidious, before any meetings could be held. (Note: The Judicial Department was separate from the Galactic Empire and senate, and therefore, was not corrupt yet, or involved with Sidious.)

Anakin had decided that the rational thing to do would be to try to sneak through the defenses around the Imperial Palace, disguised as storm troopers. Then, they would capture and kidnap Sidious and deliver him to the department, for trial. He and Obi Wan were already acquainted with a lietendant and some other members of the Judical department, as it'd had been in control of the Jedi in the past. The most effective way to play out the plan, Obi Wan and he had both agreed would be at nightime. It grew dark early here in the Imperial Center, where it was winter and so, by five-o-clock, they could be headed out. The darkness would conceal their figures and the storm-trooper white-clad suits would further their cause, by making them mix in more with the crowd of clones and soldiers filtering in and out of the place.

With their plan set in motion, after careful plotting that extended almost half the night, Anakin felt more at ease than before. On the star-ship ride, they'd begun to discuss ideas and sorted through numerous ones, finally deciding that hatching this final one would work the best. To have made a last-minute plan would have surely have concluded in disaster. 

They hoped to gain the favour and permission of the Judicial Department, so they could carry out their plan after Anakin's trial. The two men felt that the days ahead were full of promise, as they exited their hotel-room and walked to the turbovator( a circular, glass elevator) that would take them to the Judicial Plaza.