- birthday surprise

//happy birthday Julius/Magnus ^^

...

Birthdays were seen as a special event by many, the day your age gets bumped and you're a year older than you were before. It's traditional for it to be celebrated with a cake that had your name on it, presents bought by all your friends and cheery music to be played. And who could forget about everyone you knew singing off key to the birthday song as you sat at the table eager to eat your cake.

It was a special day but for Magnus, It wasn't.

April 14 would roll around and it was just another day. Sure he was older but to be honest he was just getting a year closer to death. A grim thought but it was enough to make him hate the day more.

Everyone always forgot about his birthday and it's not like he made an effort to remind people, he actually made more of an effort to make people forget. He never brought it up which was easy because no one ever asked. Magnus just thought no one cared so he never said anything.

For 7 years the boy had never had a proper birthday party. He didn't know what it felt like to have his friends sing Happy Birthday or how it felt to open a birthday card that had a funny picture of a dog in the front or even lick the icing of the cake that got stuck in your fingers when you tried to move it from the fridge to the party table. The earliest memory he had of a proper birthday was when he was 9. When he still had parents. But they were gone now.... No one was left to remember. Not even his sister knew.

But somehow Dan Kouzo was made aware that Magnus turned 16 this year. It wasn't a suprise how he was able to figure it out, it only happened because he got ahold of Magnus' personal file from aaanimus. He knew it was wrong to know all this info but he curiously searched up his name in their database one late afternoon and ever since then he'd been counting down the days.

He didn't tell anyone of his discovery figuring out no one knew because Magnus wanted it to be that way. He make a slight exception though and told his sister Emily who was just as Surprised as he. All this time she figured Magnus would have birthdays during his trips since she never really saw him but they were so lucky he was in town this week so the two planned a small birthday that fit his every needs.

Once april 14 came about the two got to work and baked a strawberry cake decorated with white frosting that said 'Happy Birthday Magnus' on the top. They decorated the kitchen with party streamers and there was even a huge banner Dan hung up that read Happy Birthday if course. A purple table cloth was put over the table where the cake was set and all the two had to do was lure Magnus in without him knowing it was for his special occasion.

"Everything's ready, right?" Emily asked.

"Yeah i think so." Dan said taking one last look at their work before nodding.

"Ok, I'll go get my brother, you hide under the table." Emily was about to leave before Dan gasped and remembered something, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small wrapped box that was set on the table next to the cake.

"What is that?" The darkus brawler's sister asked.

"It's a small gift for Magnus, i made it as soon as i found out." Dan said with a smile. He was sure he'd like it. "Well go on now, go get your brother!"

"Oh, right!" Emily skipped on out of their house before waving to Dan and just as instructed he got under the table awaiting for both their arrival.

...

"I already told you Emily to use the bug spray!" That was Magnus' voice and Dan quickly put his phone away as soon as he heard him. He was playing games on his phone to wait and now the time has come. He stayed put until he heard the cue which would be a surprised Magnus at such the occasion.